Back or Sack

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

MJCANARY11
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back or Sack

Post by MJCANARY11 »

After reading Roy’s article regarding Marks position as manager.
As far as I am concerned I would back him and can’t wait to buy my season ticket to show him my support and respect that he deserves .

Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Back or Sack

Post by Brian Parker »

I am surprised that nobody has picked up Roy's comment "until our new stadium is in place making us more sustainable we will always be restricted".

This is something that used to be a popular talking point but one that has fallen by the wayside in recent years. Given the recent large outlay on Topfield it would be surprising if this is an active topic. So is anything in the offing or is he just reffering to an aspiration that is way off in the future, one that may never happen?
Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Canadian »

I picked up on the nevereverending references telling us how poor HTFC is compared to other clubs in our league. Who are these "rich" clubs? What is the evidence for these statements?
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

Re: a new ground.
Is there any need for one when Top Field has never looked better in the last 50 years. Even if a new stadium was needed, I cannot see it happening as the club is at present.
Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr Refreshment »

MichaelD wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:28 pm Re: a new ground.
Is there any need for one when Top Field has never looked better in the last 50 years. Even if a new stadium was needed, I cannot see it happening as the club is at present.
Totally agree.
Let's stay where we are at Top Field.
With attendances as they are hopefully we can stay and improve the facilities.
Top Field is unique!
Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy »

MichaelD wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:28 pm Re: a new ground.
Less than 20 years on the lease.
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

I don’t see us moving from Top Field, but there’s work still to do, new changing rooms and physio room are two of them, plus the Canary Club won’t last for ever as it’s wood construction.
That’s just my opinion, not the Clubs, as I’ve been involved in the recent improvements, working at the ground virtually every Saturday as well as maintaining the pitch with my ground staff.
I think (and it’s just my opinion) that we will eventually have a 3G pitch, although I’m not a fan of them, to raise income through hiring it out!
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

I think player recruitment is a bigger issue than whether Mark Burke should stay as manager or not. Because of the geographical spread of the present league, we are never going to attract players from clubs in the Midland., Suffolk etc, regardless of how much money we pay.
Locally, players in lower leagues will always struggle to play at the higher level Hitchin require. Young players at local professional clubs available for loan are not as plentiful as they were. Whether Mark Burke has the contacts or not becomes a bit irrelevant if other factors are severely restricting player availability.
Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr Refreshment »

Stick with Burkey!
Last edited by Mr Refreshment on Tue May 03, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

Expressing an opinion isn't libel or slander :happy2:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic