Back or Sack

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Back or Sack

Post by Greenfinch »

I completely agree with Roy's article,he was only trying to get across to the fans, the trials and tribulations of running a football club,he always gives an impartial view whatever he writes,and he would be mortified to think that his comments were biased or had an ulterior motive to anyone.
Some of the comments on here are shameful, you're all so damn good, and know it all, I'm surprised you haven't applied for the job,(who monitors the monitor?) I know I will get a lot of flak,and I'm tough enough to take it,and of course you're entitled to your opinion.
Thank you Mark, for avoiding relegation, when so many others were oh so wrong with their comments during the season, you saw it through with dignity, be careful what you wish for.
Of course we have ambition, whats the point of playing otherwise,we also run a tight ship and don't throw money at illusive centre forwards,Andy has bought stability to the club and have you ever thought,at times when Mark wants to sign a player, it doesn't happen,especially if we are knocked out of the FA Cup.
Realistically, this is our status, we have been at this level for all the years I have supported Hitchin,
and I can't see anything changing anytime soon, unless The Cow Commoners donate Top Field, a rich fans business sponsorship, or I win the Lotto.
We have a lovely ground,fabulous fans, a community atmosphere, so just be thankful for that,keep the faith with Mark,we will be fine. Just wanted to say, that Kate has been a breath of fresh air in all she does.

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Greenfinch wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:39 pm I completely agree with Roy's article,he was only trying to get across to the fans, the trials and tribulations of running a football club,he always gives an impartial view whatever he writes,and he would be mortified to think that his comments were biased or had an ulterior motive to anyone.
Some of the comments on here are shameful, you're all so damn good, and know it all, I'm surprised you haven't applied for the job,(who monitors the monitor?) I know I will get a lot of flak,and I'm tough enough to take it,and of course you're entitled to your opinion.
Thank you Mark, for avoiding relegation, when so many others were oh so wrong with their comments during the season, you saw it through with dignity, be careful what you wish for.
Of course we have ambition, whats the point of playing otherwise,we also run a tight ship and don't throw money at illusive centre forwards,Andy has bought stability to the club and have you ever thought,at times when Mark wants to sign a player, it doesn't happen,especially if we are knocked out of the FA Cup.
Realistically, this is our status, we have been at this level for all the years I have supported Hitchin,
and I can't see anything changing anytime soon, unless The Cow Commoners donate Top Field, a rich fans business sponsorship, or I win the Lotto.
We have a lovely ground,fabulous fans, a community atmosphere, so just be thankful for that,keep the faith with Mark,we will be fine. Just wanted to say, that Kate has been a breath of fresh air in all she does.
I didnt want to be the first to say it. Roy is a supporter and first rate clubman first and foremost in a way most if not all can only aspire to be. His position within the club does not come into it.

He loves his football club and equally his cricket with Ickleford and believe he still plays.

He wrote an article in December addressing stuff that came up on this forum. Would it be better he stayed quiet? Supporters like myself are glad he acknowledged the opinions.

Please keep doing what your doing Roy.
Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart »

DarrenW wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:47 pm
Greenfinch wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:39 pm I completely agree with Roy's article,he was only trying to get across to the fans, the trials and tribulations of running a football club,he always gives an impartial view whatever he writes,and he would be mortified to think that his comments were biased or had an ulterior motive to anyone.
I didnt want to be the first to say it. Roy is a supporter and first rate clubman first and foremost in a way most if not all can only aspire to be. His position within the club does not come into it.

He loves his football club and equally his cricket with Ickleford and believe he still plays.

He wrote an article in December addressing stuff that came up on this forum. Would it be better he stayed quiet? Supporters like myself are glad he acknowledged the opinions.

Please keep doing what your doing Roy.
:goodposting: :iagree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Freddie Cardy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Freddie Cardy »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:19 pm
Piltdown wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:06 pm As I have already stated for the many valid reasons I have given, I can’t back Mark Burke as manager. So I’m not putting my hard earned money through the gates next season to pay his wages and in the process to put on some fake smile at Hitchin Town games next season. I have never been able to lie or pretend. So, I’m going to support the club next season from my living room couch until such time when the football club really does become a football club again and like other football clubs is actually prepared to hold its management to account.
We will look forward to you tuning in on HTFC Radio then Jacqui! I'm sure Mark, and the club, will be able to cope in your absence.
Peter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Peter »

Recent comments have helped me decide to buy a season ticket for the first time in over 50 years supporting the club. When will the season tickets go on sales and how much will they be please? I am choosing to back my local community club. Hitchin has an amazing bunch of volunteers who have helped create an atmosphere in the club that has encouraged amazing attendances. I have never seen so many families and 20/30-year-olds regularly at Hitchin home games before. The monies raised by the successful Crowdfunder campaign have clearly been well spent. I cannot remember the ground looking this good before.
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

"The crowd must not be followers but partisans, who give support through thick and thin, especially thin."
Andrew Amos (Charterhouse, Cambridge University, Corinthians, England and Hitchin FC)
CanaryHatter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CanaryHatter »

anthony.brown wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:17 am "The crowd must not be followers but partisans, who give support through thick and thin, especially thin."
Andrew Amos (Charterhouse, Cambridge University, Corinthians, England and Hitchin FC)
Absolutely love this quote Anthony! It perfectly surmises this thread!

Next...........
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Attachments
Screenshot_20220519-074558_Chrome.jpg
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

I should have mentioned that the Andrew Amos quote came from a news article in the Daily News (London) of Wednesday 1st October 1924. The article was titled 'The Home Ground in Football; Influence of Crowd on Players; Keen Partisans who Inspire a Team.
While Rector of Rotherhithe, Andrew produced a series of columns describing and comparing the football of the 1880s and 1920s. If anyone is interested I could share these articles on the forum?
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

anthony.brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:04 am I should have mentioned that the Andrew Amos quote came from a news article in the Daily News (London) of Wednesday 1st October 1924. The article was titled 'The Home Ground in Football; Influence of Crowd on Players; Keen Partisans who Inspire a Team.
While Rector of Rotherhithe, Andrew produced a series of columns describing and comparing the football of the 1880s and 1920s. If anyone is interested I could share these articles on the forum?
I'd be very keen to read the article the quote is from if it's not too much hassle
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic