Chris N

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris N

Post by DarrenW »

Thanks for all your hard work Chris and glad you can finally have something like a retirement if you allow yourself that!

I suspect you will be very difficult if not impossible to replace!

russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Chris N

Post by russell »

As a much newer supporter than you Darren Chris was one of my first interactions with anyone from the club. As a slightly apprehensive homeless (football wise) ex Londoner with a child with special needs, from day one Chris was so welcoming and supportive and I think represents a huge part of what the club stands for, and why it is such a popular place to go on a Saturday. This is not to diminish any other volunteers or officials but when you have someone who clearly lives and breaths football putting so much tireless effort in it inevitably must rub off on others. So yes I echo Darren's comments.. I hear Ilkeston has some decent pubs though Chris if you're reading 😉
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Enjoy your free time Chris and thanks for the huge contribution you've made to the club over all these years.
Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Canadian »

i wish Chris all the best. I hope we can continue to have our regular disagreements on this forum.
steve.max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by steve.max »

Now Chris has a bit of time on his hands perhaps he can appear on saturdays during the summer helping with work at the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Chris

Thank you for all your hard work, enthusiasm and dedication to HTFC. Also thank you for being a good friend.

You have made a massive difference to the club over the last twenty years or so, and also to the local non league football scene where along with dad, you were both regulars and well known faces at other local clubs.
I pleased you will still be carrying on as fixture secretary and just easing down a bit.

Enjoy the summer and have a break from football.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Brian wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:43 pm Chris

Thank you for all your hard work, enthusiasm and dedication to HTFC. Also thank you for being a good friend.

You have made a massive difference to the club over the last twenty years or so, and also to the local non league football scene where along with dad, you were both regulars and well known faces at other local clubs.
I pleased you will still be carrying on as fixture secretary and just easing down a bit.

Enjoy the summer and have a break from football.
Good points you made there. I think Chris was heavily involved in creating the code of conduct and while it took time to implement the lasting legacy of that is we have a family friendly atmosphere at Top Field now.

Back in the 90's I feel there was a culture of you could say as you pleased. Thank god through the creation of the Code of Conduct them days are long gone.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Darren

Chris along with the rest of the Beer Monsters were the driving force behind the 150 Years of Football in Hitchin celebrations.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

steve.max wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:05 pm Now Chris has a bit of time on his hands perhaps he can appear on saturdays during the summer helping with work at the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dearest friend of 50+ years, thank you for your kind consideration :big_grin: :big_grin: . I must point out here that my objectives are to spend less time on Hitchin Town FC doing the things I enjoy doing and can contribute best, not spend more time at Hitchin doing the things I'm not so good at. ;)

For what it's worth, I did spend two hours yesterday starting the ticketing website set up for next season's tickets, and also taking online orders round the Post Office for dispatch - so I was still doing Hitchin Town stuff, just different and in a different place. Then I kicked the elephant out of the room and spent time gardening with my wife.

Thanks for kind comments all...really appreciate them from the bottom of my heart. As Brian mentioned, the 2015 celebrations was one of my highlights - nobody knows how much work we all put in to make that happen.

Just one sad thing though, devastated and gutted that I didn't make the longlist for Greenfinch's nominations :cry: :cry: :cry: :-(. I suppose it's a bit like the Eurovision Song Contest......all a matter of taste :mrgreen: :rotfl1: :rotfl1:
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Chris_N wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:25 pmAs Brian mentioned, the 2015 celebrations was one of my highlights - nobody knows how much work we all put in to make that happen.
Or consumption of alcohol :happy2: :happy2:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic