TOMMY EVERITT

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

MJCANARY11
Silver Member
Silver Member

TOMMY EVERITT

Post by MJCANARY11 »

Lucky enough to have watched Tommy play in Hitchin Towns finest team.
RIP Tommy

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: TOMMY EVERITT

Post by Greenfinch »

Tommy Everitt was my mums favourite player,I watched him play with my Mum and Dad at White City in the amateur cup semi final, where we lost 1-0 against Walthamstow Avenue to a hotly disputed penalty.
MickD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MickD »

Sadly never watched Tommy play but did meet him a couple of times at player get togethers.

Struck me as a griity Jock whose presence in mid field now might be useful?
Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian Parker »

Gritty is one of the last words I would use to describe Tommy. He was one of the most silky smooth footballers I have ever seen in a HTFC shirt. One of the strengths in that great side was the contrast betweeen the players on the right side of the team to those on the left. The left side of Everitt, Johnny Graves and Tony Horne was all about ball control and slick passing, whereas down the right you had Terry Craddock (now he was gritty), Terry Waldock and Roger Figg. They were all about pace, power and determination. Up front and betwen them you had the imperious Dennis Randall. 100+ goals in two seasons, but many of them as a result of the excellence around him.
MickD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MickD »

Sorry Brian
I did say I had never watched him. Perhaps I am being guilty of stereotyping Scottish midfielders?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic