FA YOUTH CUP

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

MickD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FA YOUTH CUP

Post by MickD »

Doddy or Goddy if you prefer actually took the lead after 6 minutes and gave as good as they got in the first half which closed at 3-2 to Hitchin.

However, a brace of Canaries' goals shortly after the re-start and there was only going to be one winner. Open game with plenty of good flowing football from both sides, but what really made the difference was the power upfront that Hitchin enjoyed courtesy of Torin Ntege, Uko Oji and the attacking thrust from midfield of Jonas Nkomba. All these lads were powerful, skilful and quick and for me look very good prospects indeed. I hope they stick about and get the chance to show their skills at senior level.

Also need to mention the goal of the game from diminutive Hitchin skipper Taylor Franklin - his 35 yarder to top corner supplemented a good showing as the holding midfielder.

Looks like Michael Jones has a decent group there.

Attendance of around 80, the majority of whom would have greatly enjoyed the evening's entertainment. Incidentally it ended 7-2!

Mick

Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: FA YOUTH CUP

Post by Chris_N »

Fully agree with Mick, a great evening's entertainment, and as Mick says some useful prospects.

There were scouts present from Watford, Norwich and Chelsea. As he was leaving, the Chelsea Scout said to me "Good stuff, your 9 and 10 are useful". Exactly what I thought. The lad at 9 Torin Ntege - big, strong, a real handful and excellent ball control for a big lad. Hold up play good as well.The lad at 10 Uko Oji - some really nice touches and a beautifully chipped goal.

Goal of the game from me was from Taylor Franklin. If Mick calls him diminutive then that tells you something about his size! But assertive, led, and a really solid performance.

I hope the lads can get through the Preliminary Round (away to Cogenhoe United) and get a home draw in the First Qualifying Round. If they do, they are well worth having a look at and worthy of Hitchin's support.

The attendance was 85.
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: FA YOUTH CUP

Post by anthony.brown »

Great value for money at 22.2p per goal! Every sort of goal scored, from scrambles to screamers to lobs and through balls. If the lads cut out the 'suicide balls' when playing out from the back, they look like they could go far. An even game until half time, with the opposition steamrollered in the second half.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic