FA Cup Draw

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: FA Cup Draw

Post by Neil »

Not using cash is very convenient in my view, I am very comfortable with that, especially when travelling anywhere. I do understand why some people don't like it and do feel there should be flexibility built in to the model to allow last minute decisions. This has been in place for a while and it clearly hasn't been negative for crowd figures, they are remarkably good. So on the face of it, the decision has been the right one, although I honestly don't believe it is the right one for non-league football. I have a season ticket, which means it doesn't affect me, but I know people who won't come to Hitchin anymore. Diversity isn't just about headline-making initiatives, it includes all sectors of society, I would suggest that older fans (I am now in that category) might not like the online aspect, but is there a danger they may feel excluded now??

Peter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Peter »

Some good points made by Neil.

Some season ticket holders, volunteers and other supporters do not agree with this policy so the discussion will not go away.

Are Hitchin unique in non league football with this policy?

The higher attendances are nothing to do with the method of buying tickets. They are surely as a result of all the other community and ground based initiatives
Peter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Peter »

How much do the club make out of tickets being purchased, not used and refunds not being requested?
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Absolutely Jacqueline, thank you.

It's going to be a tough game on Saturday. We need to remember that we are one division above Heybridge and make that count.

If we can apply ourselves as we have in the past six games we should be ok.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Very poor showing today against a team that was head and shoulders (literally in the case of their centre halves) above us in all aspects of the game. Had it not been for Tiernan making some very good saves it could have been a far worse scoreline.
Geoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Geoff »

Do we want a 'FREE WEEK' in two weeks time, or should we be wanting to play Hednesford who were also knocked out :whistle: ??
"Confusion will be my epitaph"
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Geoff wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:36 pm should we be wanting to play Hednesford who were also knocked out :whistle: ??
No.
Freddie Cardy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Freddie Cardy »

The social media team being blamed more than the players for a defeat is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Jackie your mate Einstein might have something to say about your grasp of how percentages work!
Freddie Cardy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Freddie Cardy »

I am sticking to topic. You said that you don't blame the players at all and went on to "attach some blame" on the twitter admin, who neither picked the team nor played in it. Mark Burke himself has not lost this club thousands of pounds.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic