FA Cup Draw

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: FA Cup Draw

Post by DarrenW »

I think everything said has previously been said.

It's here to stay and like others made my thoughts known without going over it again.

Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian Parker »

Got to agree with Steve. A card machine on one gate shouldn't cause too much difficulty.
ChelseaChrisUK
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ChelseaChrisUK »

Buying ticket online, not going to happen even if I wanted to.
My VISA company have recently introduced a new layer of security which doesn't work and I am now unable to make any online purchases!!!! from anyone.

Here's to a away draw in the next round.

Regards

Chris
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Hi Chris

That sucks.

Send me a private message with your surname and whether you are an adult or concession ticket. I'll purchase your ticket. We can meet up outside the ground and swop ticket for cash.
ChelseaChrisUK
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ChelseaChrisUK »

I used to go many years ago, and yes I always paid at the gate. As indeed I used to when watching Stevenage more recently.
If I was going to Chelsea these days, I would probably buy in advance as it's likely to sell out.
I have difficulty with internet on my phone (it's very old). It often doesn't loses connection to the internet.
so doing it on my phone at the gate could be a bit hit and miss.
I do not like putting things on my VISA, I prefer cash, when it's gone it's gone. I never use debit card before you ask.
My VISA company have recently introduced an extra layer of security when buying online. This is not working, numerous calls to VISA have been unable to resolve the problem, so as things stand at the present time I am unable to purchase anything online, even if I wanted to.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

https://hitchintownfc.club/why-all-ticket/

This has been done to death. It's a broken record now. For all those of you who have contributed on this thread, please can I respectfully request that you read (or re-read) the rationale and explanation that we have had posted online for two seasons now, and either respect the Club's policy or make whatever choice you feel you need to make. But please stop batting on like broken records!!!

We do everything we can as the few die hard volunteers to do the best we can. But we are not going back to processes that will cause further entry delays at turnstiles. No it's not Chelsea but it is an event which requires you to buy a ticket in advance, like theatre, cinema and other sporting events.

I'm posting this as a volunteer supporter who has seen the value of what we have done. People have choices - choices to buy in, or choices to buy out. Their choice. And as I saw on a poster at another club last year...it said: "DON'T MOAN.....VOLUNTEER!"
ChelseaChrisUK
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ChelseaChrisUK »

Thanks for the offer Brian, and several other people. But to accept this as a solution only helps to reinforce the practice, not break it.
Again thank you but I'll be taking my custom elsewhere this coming Saturday.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

ChelseaChrisUK wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:08 pm Thanks for the offer Brian, and several other people. But to accept this as a solution only helps to reinforce the practice, not break it.
Again thank you but I'll be taking my custom elsewhere this coming Saturday.
So you've opted out. Your choice. Everyone's choice. People who choose to opt out are normally people who are capable of buying their own ticket online but stubborn principle rules their choice of what they do. Or they choose not to accept others' help. Brian's offer was not about reinforcing the practice, it was about helping you to obtain a ticket for the game. But sorry, in my opinion Chris your reasoning is two seasons too late.

The "practice" (or should we say policy) is now firmly and fully established and has been successful...why then do you still hold on to the false thread of hope that it will be "broken"? Yes we all have opinions, but to just keep repeating them again and again and again in the hope that something will "break" or "crack" achieves nothing. If that were going to happen, wouldn't it have happened some time ago? And crowds have been up again so far this season...IT WORKS. My understanding is that the Club has absolutely no intention of "breaking" it. Why would they?

So if we reached the third round of the FA Cup and drew Chelsea at home, would you still be wanting to take your custom elsewhere?

As I say, this really has been done to death. It's becoming boring going over the same old ground. Dragged on by those unable to accept or respect the reasons why. And they probably refuse to read the "Why All Ticket" explanation or just simply don't like what they read.
ChelseaChrisUK wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:41 pm If I was going to Chelsea these days, I would probably buy in advance as it's likely to sell out.
I'm interested...how exactly then would you buy in advance?
ChelseaChrisUK wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:41 pm I do not like putting things on my VISA, I prefer cash, when it's gone it's gone. I never use debit card before you ask.
My VISA company have recently introduced an extra layer of security when buying online. This is not working, numerous calls to VISA have been unable to resolve the problem, so as things stand at the present time I am unable to purchase anything online, even if I wanted to.
So you never go to the cinema, theatre, or any other sporting or other event where you can't pay cash? I suggest the field of opportunity must be narrowing......
Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy »

File with "won't go to grounds that do online programmes".
MACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MACK »

Am amazed that anyone thinks online tickets are not here to stay. Hitchin were ahead of the game in bringing them in...other teams are still way behind. It the 21st century....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic