FA Cup Draw

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

mattf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: FA Cup Draw

Post by mattf »

Is this not you replying to that exact Twitter post on Monday with a equally positive reply (Also got a screenshot of it, if you can't see the link)?

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

What a surprise. The Jackie show is back on air.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:53 pm There were alot of tired Hitchin legs out there today and understandably so, having put so much energy and focus into the two games last weekend. Especially in the win over Needham.
It should be noted that Heybridge also played two games last weekend.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

I think we just have to accept we were beaten by a much better team today.

They were stronger, sharper and better than us.
Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Neil »

Absolutely, Heybridge were far better, stronger and more competitive. They didn't look like a Step 4 side at all.
The ideal mix is youth and experience... Heybridge had just that, Hitchin didn't. But for the keeper, the scoreline would have been doubled, he had an outstanding game. There's always next year...
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:53 pm The blame and responsibility for today’s FA Cup defeat lies one hundred per cent with the Hitchin Town FC management. Nothing has been learned from the last few season’s cup defeats. Thousands of pounds potentially AGAIN of FA Cup winnings flushed down the toilet. It’s absolutely disgusting that clearly nowhere near enough preparation was put into this game by the management and there were not enough fresh legs out there.
You may have noticed I like a stat, so I couldn't resit having a quick look back at our recent FA Cup exits to see how bad they were......

2021 - Q2 - Cheshunt 0-3 - Cheshunt ended the season promoted to National League South
2020 - Q2 - St Albans 0-5 - National League South
2019 - Q3 - Maidstone United 1-2 - National League South
2018 - R1 - Solihull Moors - National League

I couldn't find any stats on the amount of preparation by management so we'll all have to make random guesses on that one.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

RST wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:35 pm
Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:53 pm The blame and responsibility for today’s FA Cup defeat lies one hundred per cent with the Hitchin Town FC management. Nothing has been learned from the last few season’s cup defeats. Thousands of pounds potentially AGAIN of FA Cup winnings flushed down the toilet. It’s absolutely disgusting that clearly nowhere near enough preparation was put into this game by the management and there were not enough fresh legs out there.
You may have noticed I like a stat, so I couldn't resit having a quick look back at our recent FA Cup exits to see how bad they were......

2021 - Q2 - Cheshunt 0-3 - Cheshunt ended the season promoted to National League South
2020 - Q2 - St Albans 0-5 - National League South
2019 - Q3 - Maidstone United 1-2 - National League South
2018 - R1 - Solihull Moors - National League

I couldn't find any stats on the amount of preparation by management so we'll all have to make random guesses on that one.
Rupert not that I wish to encourage your statistics habit but anecdotally to me it seems in the cup and trophy the isthmian sides (whether step 3 or 4) seem to have an edge over us in the regionalised early rounds?

I take no satisfaction from this but I bumped into Irvine last week on a train and argued although Swifts were step 4 from previous experience we would struggle as the Isthmian seems so much stronger
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Having seen four of our league games so far this season, I think the standard of the Southern Premier Central Division has been very poor so far.

I don't think we should be attaching blame to anyone for yesterday. Heybridge were far superior and deserved their win. Good luck to them in the next round.
For us, we need to move on and get ready for a tough game against Coalville on Saturday.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Brian wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:51 am Having seen four of our league games so far this season, I think the standard of the Southern Premier Central Division has been very poor so far.

I don't think we should be attaching blame to anyone for yesterday. Heybridge were far superior and deserved their win. Good luck to them in the next round.
For us, we need to move on and get ready for a tough game against Coalville on Saturday.
Inclined to agree but the old feeling from many is the Isthmian is far more physical and so yesterday proved and has been proved a few times down the years.

Hope for the bounce back next week as im sure the players and management are hurting right now.
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

The late great Carl Cozens who was a ref on the Southern League always used to say how much stronger and more physical the Southern was compared to the Isthmian!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic