Chesterfield at Top Field tonight

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Freddie Cardy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chesterfield at Top Field tonight

Post by Freddie Cardy »

Make sure to head down to Top Field to watch our Under 18 side take on the might of Chesterfield tonight! If you can't get to the game, myself and Marac will be broadcasting live commentary on HTFC Radio.

Freddie Cardy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Chesterfield at Top Field tonight

Post by Freddie Cardy »

I've been fortunate enough to speak to a range of football commentators over the last few years, and their feedback on our commentaries was quite different to what you have just said, so I know where we'll take advice from.
Last edited by Freddie Cardy on Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freddie Cardy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Freddie Cardy »

It might be defensive, but that's only because I completely disagree with what you've said about not being critical enough. We're very proud of what we do as volunteers for the club and personally I don't think your comments are fair at all.

So far this season I've been told (by different people) I have criticised too much, and now apparently not enough! You can see why it can be frustrating when we're just trying to provide unbiased coverage of the team we support.
MACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MACK »

Completely unecessary comments from Jackie. It 's about time that Jackie learnt from her past mistakes. Yes, all opinions are valid, but there us a time and a place.

Great work on the commentary to the matches. Please carry on!
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

MACK wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:25 pm Completely unecessary comments from Jackie. It 's about time that Jackie learnt from her past mistakes. Yes, all opinions are valid, but there us a time and a place.
Agree.

She will not. 10 years now. She will not admit to being wrong.
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

Jackie is not wrong - she just has a different opinion. If you want the praise you got to accept the criticism - whether you agree with it or not. For those of us of a certain age - Gerry Harrison commentating on games on Anglia Television involving Norwich City was a masterclass in how not to be objective. I am sure you do the best job you can.
Becca1980
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Becca1980 »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:52 am Look how well they react to my criticism here on the forum, as they do read it and usually react with a better score line following a defeat.
Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:41 am I will just tune into my friend’s club’s FA Cup 4th QR tie today instead.
Comments like the two above show a bizarre sense of self importance, the second one is just childish.

MichaelD wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:46 pm Jackie is not wrong - she just has a different opinion.
Saying Freddie is not critical enough is fine but saying that he sounds like he is walking on eggshells is implying that he wants to be more critical of the team, which is unfair on him.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Becca1980 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:33 pm
Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:52 am Look how well they react to my criticism here on the forum, as they do read it and usually react with a better score line following a defeat.
Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:41 am I will just tune into my friend’s club’s FA Cup 4th QR tie today instead.
Comments like the two above show a bizarre sense of self importance, the second one is just childish.

MichaelD wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:46 pm Jackie is not wrong - she just has a different opinion.
Saying Freddie is not critical enough is fine but saying that he sounds like he is walking on eggshells is implying that he wants to be more critical of the team, which is unfair on him.
Well done Becca.

I wish people with control could see the light with your comments.

10 years of making this forum a circus.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

MichaelD wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:46 pm Jackie is not wrong - she just has a different opinion. If you want the praise you got to accept the criticism - whether you agree with it or not. For those of us of a certain age - Gerry Harrison commentating on games on Anglia Television involving Norwich City was a masterclass in how not to be objective. I am sure you do the best job you can.
You clearly have not been on this forum long enough to know she is an antagonist and will belittle and try and embarass anyone who has an opinion that differs from her own. All while masquerading as a supporter of the club.
Freddie Cardy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Freddie Cardy »

Becca1980 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:33 pm

Thanks Becca- I'm here to commentate on the games, not push agendas one way or the other. Really enjoyed today's broadcast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic