Southern League Cup 22/23

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

ian.taylor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Southern League Cup 22/23

Post by ian.taylor »

Is this competition happening this season ?

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Southern League Cup 22/23

Post by DarrenW »

ian.taylor wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:13 pm Is this competition happening this season ?
Seen on Facebook it's not and would think it unlikely to return.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

ian.taylor wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:13 pm Is this competition happening this season ?
No the Southern League has suspended the competition for this season.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Chris_N wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:22 pm
Thing is Chris it's one of those competitions half the clubs dont want to play in but obliged to and judging by the last sponsor they was struggling. Any point playing it?

County Cup I consider different for historical reasons. Sadly the Herts FA dont treat there Premier cup the same as other counties do.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

DarrenW wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:48 pm
Thing is Chris it's one of those competitions half the clubs dont want to play in but obliged to and judging by the last sponsor they was struggling. Any point playing it?

County Cup I consider different for historical reasons. Sadly the Herts FA dont treat there Premier cup the same as other counties do.
Northern Premier League suspended their League Cup competition as well, energy, petrol etc.

Yet the Isthmian League are continuing theirs.

Re County Cups: Happy that the Charity Cup is still suspended. Gave me more headaches as Fixtures Secretary than any other competition. Re the Senior Cup: For me it is diminished in importance and prestige because of the downbeat way they finish the competition. Normally at Cheshunt, Stortford or Hemel - the only ones with big enough facilities to house the hangers on who have normally eaten all the buffet before half time! Why they continue not to aim to host it at the Herts County FA ground I don't know. Obvious it is not up to standard required.

But then Beds FA seem to be able to procure Kenilworth Road for their Senior Cup Final.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Chris_N wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:37 pm
DarrenW wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:48 pm

Northern Premier League suspended their League Cup competition as well, energy, petrol etc.

Yet the Isthmian League are continuing theirs.

Re County Cups: Happy that the Charity Cup is still suspended. Gave me more headaches as Fixtures Secretary than any other competition. Re the Senior Cup: For me it is diminished in importance and prestige because of the downbeat way they finish the competition. Normally at Cheshunt, Stortford or Hemel - the only ones with big enough facilities to house the hangers on who have normally eaten all the buffet before half time! Why they continue not to aim to host it at the Herts County FA ground I don't know. Obvious it is not up to standard required.

But then Beds FA seem to be able to procure Kenilworth Road for their Senior Cup Final.
Spot on.

As a side thing noticed this article on the Comet this week. The prestige the competition once held....

https://www.thecomet.net/news/crime/gol ... op-9328522
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic