A much improved performance

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A much improved performance

Post by Brian Parker »

What a difference to recent performances. This was the best at home this season. OK so we didn't win, but for once we consistently took the game to the opposition and I thought unlucky not to win. Having had the most of the play and going close on numerous occasions it could have been a killer to go 0-1 down in the second half, but the response was immediate and for once we got a break in front of goal and equalised within two minutes of going behind.

Difficult to pick out a MOTM as all played well and it was a real relief to see the team playing a decent passing game instead of the hitherto big boot. I think Mark still has something to prove but deserves praise for realising that parking the bus is not the way to go.

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: A much improved performance

Post by Brian »

Fair assessment Brian.

Didn't do enough to win it but played some good football in patches and with some better finishing in front of goal, might have taken all three points.

We still have a tendency to hit long balls looking for big centre forwards that we don't have but it was certainly a much improved performance, no lack of effort and we created chances.
SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A much improved performance

Post by SimonP »

I actually thought we played better on Monday night against much stronger opposition, that the score line on Monday was an unfair reflection on us, and that if we had played with that intensity yesterday we would have got 3 points. That said to have come back from being behind yesterday was a great sign, and given our recent rocky spell getting points was important. Ultimately we know we are going to be in a battle to compete in this league and will need to pick up points when we can so yesterday was progress and great to see Ciaren Jones back, even if it is just temporarily
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic