Alternative report by 'Duane' Pipe

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Alternative report by 'Duane' Pipe

Post by Greenfinch »

Since it was such a beautiful day,instead of driving to the match, I decided to fly down, and with a tail feathered wind I soon arrived at Top Field and swooped down onto that Emerald Green Turf,which incidentally looked superb in the glittering sunshine.Albeit, I did land briefly on top of St Mark's Church beforehand to adjust my bearings,and looked skywards for any devine help that might help the team, before flying off.
Well, both teams were a credit to their respective leagues,and the match had everything, passion, goals,excitement, drama, anxiety and atmosphere,especially from the vociferous Potton Utd fans who were gracious in defeat, and an excellent referee who kept the game flowing.
What more value for money can you ask for, yeah, I know some people go on about ambition, higher leagues and management,but I'm happy, lets just appreciate what we have, all the volunteers, stability and a dedicated manager creating a team to be proud of and players that want to play for him.
The whole team played well but my man of the match was Bradley Bell,he just never stopped running.

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Alternative report by 'Duane' Pipe

Post by Greenfinch »

Captain Mainwaring here, was waiting for somebody to spot that deliberate mistake, well done Jones, it should have read Potters Bar Town, not Potton Utd
MACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Alternative report by 'Duane' Pipe

Post by MACK »

Thanks the the alternative report. Am looking forward to seeing Bradley Bell play at wing back in the future, and the same for Rio da Silva. For any team playing three at back, these are crucial positions- at any level.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic