Boxing Day Stats

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Boxing Day Stats

Post by DarrenW »

Chris_N wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:37 pm
DarrenW wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:30 pm
Brian wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:09 pm Darren, there is no disputing there have been postings on here in the past that could have been dealt with differently, however they are in the past and history now.

Time to move on.

Yes, someone is making posts that could be interpreted as fault finding or inflammatory however they only become that if people bite and have a pop back. It takes two to cause an argument. Just ignore them, all you are doing is giving them credence.
Loosely agree Brian but if you took me off the forum for example would it stop? No.

How many dont post on the forum now having previously done so?

Having been a forum member the last 10 years Brian you must know these things work in cycles. Another controversial post will come in the coming weeks/months and there is no penalty for it. You can effectively say what you like.

Going forward would prefer it if the blocking system is more effective if this is something that could be looked into? It has worked for me on facebook where by blocking a member they effectively disappear from that platform. I think it would benefit more than myself.
As an ex Moderator of this Forum I have not got involved. Becca makes a very good point that on a Forum, you should be responding to the post, not to the person. And that, like it or not, is what is happening and it does not help.

Darren, you say: "Another controversial post will come in the coming weeks/months and there is no penalty for it. You can effectively say what you like."

Correct. Yes you can so long as you do not infringe Forum rules. They are there on the website for everyone to see. People are entitled to be controversial to try to provoke a reaction - lord knows I have done it enough in the past, not just here but in other circles around the Club. Keeping it impersonal, the original poster may be seeking attention, they may be "lighting the touch paper and retiring", and their fun is derived from seeing the reaction from those who bite. And if that's how you get your fun, why wouldn't you?

And as for those who have chosen not to post anymore.....that is their CHOICE. We all have that same choice.

But in conclusion, I think that what Brian and Becca have said is right - if you are replying, reply to the posting and NOT the person. Or ignore it and move on. You can't just block a person for being the person they are. But you can try to understand them and respond accordingly and in a way that is best for you.
I cant agree with some of what you write Chris without wanting to type alot out.

WIth regards to blocking I would simply be happier posting where by I do not see certain comments and certain people do not see mine. End result no arguments. Should be everyone is happy as strongly suspect I will not be the only one to take up such an option.

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

Hitchin Football Club's first ever Boxing Day games:
1868 Welwyn 0 Hitchin 2
1888 Hitchin 3 Cambridge Swifts 0
1892 Hitchin 2 Kettering Hawks 3
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Swifts, Hawks, Canaries. I wonder who first though of adding bird or animal names to their town's football club names or as nicknames? Were there any other sports that started that trend before football?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic