Tobi Adeyemo

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

mattf
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tobi Adeyemo

Post by mattf »

I didn't think i'd ever see a player play for both Hitchin and Watford, let alone in the space of a couple of weeks... but that's football!

Some great quotes from Burkey in here: https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport ... nt-forget/

SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tobi Adeyemo

Post by SimonP »

Great to see. I did think at the time we had him that we could have been less cautious giving him minutes, I remember being very impressed with the 5-10 minutes he had at the end of the Redditch match and thought we would use him more, but it is easy to be wise after the event and there are no shortage of academy loan players we have had who have found it a very steep learning curve playing the adult game
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Well done Tobi.. I thought he struggled at Needham Market but we were pretty poor all round and the pitch didn't help
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Really pleased for Tobi, but feel that a couple more months on loan at Top Field would really benefit his development!
SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SimonP »

russell wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:27 pm Well done Tobi.. I thought he struggled at Needham Market but we were pretty poor all round and the pitch didn't help
I missed that game, so possibly have rose tinted spectacles about his time with us
SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SimonP »

SimonP wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:36 am
russell wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:27 pm Well done Tobi.. I thought he struggled at Needham Market but we were pretty poor all round and the pitch didn't help
I missed that game, so possibly have rose tinted spectacles about his time with us
Although looking back at the result it does illustrate the curiosity that in what has been a really encouraging season, when we lose, we lose big. I make it 12 losses (including friendlies) 5 of those 12 have been 3-0 and only 2 matches have been by a one goal margin. I will gladly take this if the counterpoint is our ability to close out games with a lead (such as in the home tie against Needham Market) which has been our weakness in previous seasons , but it is a bit of a curiosity
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

SimonP wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:53 am Although looking back at the result it does illustrate the curiosity that in what has been a really encouraging season, when we lose, we lose big. I make it 12 losses (including friendlies) 5 of those 12 have been 3-0 and only 2 matches have been by a one goal margin. I will gladly take this if the counterpoint is our ability to close out games with a lead (such as in the home tie against Needham Market) which has been our weakness in previous seasons , but it is a bit of a curiosity
It somehow seems less painful losing by two or three goals. Last season we lost 14 out of our 24 defeats by the odd goal. It's the tantalising "nearly got a point" that kills you!
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Now that is a story....starring for Watford in the Championship but can't get a regular starting place in the Hitchin team :lol: :lol:

Really pleased for the lad. Showed for me that he was going to go places....not because of what he did on the pitch for us (and the goals would have come had he returned), but that on his first away coach journey with us to Basford, he got up at the front of the coach and did his bit on the Karaoke! (But please don't pursue a singing career Tobi :happy2: ).

So our Management team can take some credit for character building :thumbsup:

All the very best of luck for the future Tobi.
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

The "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" have obviously deprived us of Tobi's future appearances for us. Good luck and best wishes, Tobi!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic