An Accumulation of Jumbled Thoughts

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

An Accumulation of Jumbled Thoughts

Post by Greenfinch »

Why do we stand in the middle of winter freezing cold watching Hitchin? For me it's being born and bred in Hitchin and tribal,along with the history, and the great characters of the fans and players,present and past.Although I still miss the old Amber & Black colours, am getting used to the latest kit as we are Canaries after all.
Time for a Change thread, am pleased that has calmed down, the silence is deafening,better leave it like that,think Mark has done a good job, choose any Manager you like, but he is a passionate, loyal, and got his heart in Hitchin and you can't buy that. This year he has made a stronger squad, and acted more quickly to bring in loan players,got points on the board,and we can enjoy the season now without the threat of relegation.
Of course we would all like promotion, but with respect to Michael D who made a good comment about we cap our spending or something similar, I think we are restricted by circumstances beyond our control, the ground for starters, and the situation with the Cow Commoners,and I can't envisage Andy sharing power with a third party any time soon.I think most fans would support Hitchin if we played at King Georges playing fields, the passion will always be there.
Thinking about the Pyramid, we would still be voting for the pals of the old Fourth Division to maintain their status,at least this way the weakest teams will end up where they belong, and flourishing teams likewise, but get the balance right financially, and don't move too fast,and plan ahead.
I could elaborate a lot more on the above, but these are just a few of my thoughts, portrayed in a nice way.

MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: An Accumulation of Jumbled Thoughts

Post by MichaelD »

Still an outside chance of making the play-offs, and, perhaps, even promotion.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

I've been binge watching the Wrexham AFC documentary today.

I've got through the first four episodes.

Very interesting and shows how much more is involved in running a professional football club just two levels above us.

I know they have big ambitions but the gulf between where we are at Step 3 in the way of how the club is run and how Wrexham are run is incredible.
Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kate Deller »

I've yet the watch the Wrexham programmes, this has reminded me to do so.

Fair play to Mark, the teams he is putting out are doing a grand job.

It's exciting seeing up teetering at the top half of the table. Keep it up lads.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic