Women at the Game

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Women at the Game

Post by Kate Deller »

I would like to state that we (every volunteer and supporter) all take everyone's safety at Top Field very seriously.

There will meetings and discussions taking place to ensure that we have everything in place to ensure that Safety.

What happened last night was abhorrent.

No one here is/was being dismissive. We all take safety and match day experience very seriously for all Supporters no matter their age or gender.

We want nothing more than Top Field to be safe and welcoming for all.

MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

CCTV at Tamworth FC so should be relatively easy to identify who was causing the problems. It is many decades since Hitchin last had crowd trouble.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:42 am
ClubAdmin wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:54 am Have to agree with Chris N on this.

The thread was to raise awareness of Women At The Game and get ideas on how to improve the match day experience for ladies attending home games.

Please can we keep this on topic.

I'm sure the club will be well aware that last nights game was abandoned.

Discussions about other clubs should be done under Talk Football General

Thanks
Sorry Club Admin whoever you see but you are one million per cent wrong.

Along with two others, I was given the huge privilege by Jacqui Forster of being made an admin of the National site Women at the Game. Jacqui’s legacy was to ensure that the match day experience for women at a football game should not only be pleasurable but above all else safe.

There are many genuine Tamworth fans totally distraught this morning at what has happened last night. I know of one prominent female Tamworth fan who is utterly in pieces emotionally at the events from both sets of fans from Tamworth and Nuneaton.

With this kind of utterly oblivious and blasé attitude coming from an admin of a forum because it’s more “important to keep on topic” I am now very skeptical as to whether Hitchin Town FC can steward the next home game to ensure that there is no repeat of last night’s events.

Delete this post if you wish. But unless this club can convince me that stewarding of this game will be debated in a free and open manner to prepare ahead as it should be then the club will be making a rod for its own back.
Jackie

In response to your posting, I am now Club Admin.

I don't want to go into past history but some months ago there were calls for this forum to be closed down.

I really believe in this forum and that it is an important vehicle for the club, supporters, visiting supporters and anyone wishing to join the conversation to be able to discuss topics. I would love to see a vibrant forum like we had fifteen years or so ago however with other social media platforms I guess we are fighting a losing battle.

So I offered to act as moderator to ensure this forum kept going and I gave everyone a clean slate.

As you know, I am a volunteer, nothing else.

I don't really ever want to post as Club Admin but I was concerned that a thread about 'Women at the Game' would become a thread about the events on Tuesday night and our previous history with Tamworth which I felt devalued the Women at the Game thread which is a really important event for the club. You should know better than others as you have been involved with Women at the Game events at the club and as you state were an administrator of the Women at the Game website.

Irrespective of who our opponents are on 4th March, it's still Women at the Game day and that should not be lost.

I fully understand your safety concerns and my posting was nothing to do with your posting but subsequent postings which I felt were going to lead the thread away from the original topic.

You state "With this kind of utterly oblivious and blasé attitude". At no point do I take an utterly oblivious or blasé attitude.
As Club Admin, I am posting as an administrator so I avoid saying anything other than factual. My statement 'I'm sure the club will be well aware that last nights game was abandoned.' is as much as I am prepared to say on the subject as the site administrator.
You asked about security at the game. It is not my place to comment on this however Kate as a Club Official has.

You said 'I am now very skeptical as to whether Hitchin Town FC can steward the next home game to ensure that there is no repeat of last night’s events.'
I really don't understand how a posting by the forum administrator about keeping a thread on topic can have any baring on the club's ability to host a football match.
Maybe you could elaborate?

I hope that helps answer the rational behind my posting. I'm sorry that you read it differently to how I intended it to be read.

It's strange because I thought of you when posting and thought given your previous involvement in Women at the Game you would appreciate that I was trying to keep Women at the Game separate to the events at Tamworth on Tuesday night.

It will be a great shame on 4th March if Women at the Game becomes secondary to events surrounding our opponents.
You are totally correct supporter safety and enjoyment is paramount, and I in no way devalued that.

As for deleting your post, I hope I never have to delete a post, user or block anyone but I do have the ability.

Hopefully that explains things.

Brian
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

I am sure we all hope that the Women at the Game Day will be a great success.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic