Tamworth / I wonder who wrote this !!!

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Andy Denniss
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tamworth / I wonder who wrote this !!!

Post by Andy Denniss »

I agree with Mr refreshment. Why do we allow it. The forum used to be a good read with interesting posts but since one person seemed to be intent on making it argumentative , rather than just views, lots of people stopped contributing, I don't even look at it now ,and the only reason I am on here now is because someone told me about it.

So let's get back to how we were and delete this person from the forum and ban them from attending matches

My name is my actual name and I not behind an alias.

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Andy Denniss wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:12 am I agree with Mr refreshment. Why do we allow it. The forum used to be a good read with interesting posts but since one person seemed to be intent on making it argumentative , rather than just views, lots of people stopped contributing, I don't even look at it now ,and the only reason I am on here now is because someone told me about it.

So let's get back to how we were and delete this person from the forum and ban them from attending matches

My name is my actual name and I not behind an alias.
Heavier than I would have put across but have to agree 100%.
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

If you're a Tamworth fan, giving them the low down on our team, on our forum,then you have shown your true colours, and our fans have every right to make the above comments.
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

I imagine that Tamworth's management are quite capable of getting their own lowdown on Hitchin's team, if they wish to do so.
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

I accept that Michael, but you wouldn't expect it from 'one of our own' in actual fact I made a mistake the original statement was posted by Spooks from the Tamworth forum.Am not Spooks by the way, am Spartacus.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Jackie

A simple question for the club is indeed a question for the club and not a fans forum.

I don't think you will get an answer to your question here and I'm sure you know that. I would suggest you contact the club with your question.

With reference to several people whom you used to regard as friends. Sadly you have gone after a number of people of this forum in the past week as well as all the previous occasions. If you treat friends like friends, they will remain like friends. If you treat friends badly they will no longer want to be your friends.

Many of us stand and chat with you on the terraces.
I took a keen interest in the person whom you put forward for the All Souls Day event as he was truly a great, respected man and we hugged when I lost my sister.
That's what friends do.

However on this forum we all become fair game for your vitriol and anger.

I said when you had a go at me as Club Admin last week that I never wanted to have to remove a post or ban a poster.
It's not what this forum is about, it's about constructive chat about HTFC on a level basis. I love this club, it's my home town club, my link to the town and holds fond memories for me of quality time spent with dad.
However last night I had to remove a post for the first time due to it's nature. I'll say no more but next time I remove a post from this poster, I'll remove the poster as well.

I'm sorry Jackie. I just don't get it. You are a different person at games. Bubbly and friendly.
On here you become something totally different and it's not nice I'm afraid.

I hope you take this in the vein it's written in as this has come from the heart.
The only person who can change you is you.

Brian
Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kate Deller »

Brian wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:50 pm Jackie

A simple question for the club is indeed a question for the club and not a fans forum.

I don't think you will get an answer to your question here and I'm sure you know that. I would suggest you contact the club with your question.

With reference to several people whom you used to regard as friends. Sadly you have gone after a number of people of this forum in the past week as well as all the previous occasions. If you treat friends like friends, they will remain like friends. If you treat friends badly they will no longer want to be your friends.

I took a keen interest in the person whom you put forward for the All Souls Day event as he was truly a great, respected man and we hugged when I lost my sister.
That's what friends do.

I said when you had a go at me as Club Admin last week that I never wanted to have to remove a post or ban a poster.
It's not what this forum is about, it's about constructive chat about HTFC on a level basis. I love this club, it's my home town club, my link to the town and holds fond memories for me of quality time spent with dad.
However last night I had to remove a post for the first time due to it's nature. I'll say no more but next time I remove a post from this poster, I'll remove the poster as well.

I'm sorry Jackie. I just don't get it. You are a different person at games. Bubbly and friendly.

I hope you take this in the vein it's written in as this has come from the heart.

Brian
:goodposting:
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Kate Deller wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:20 pm
Brian wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:50 pm Jackie

That's what friends do.

Brian
:goodposting:
Good posting said perfectly I feel.
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

Excellent post from Brian.
On a more important note, are we safe from relegation yet?
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Very nicely written post Brian. Like yourself there's no malice or hatred whatsoever from myself, but equally I do take exception to being publicly accused of something which everyone can see is not the case. This Forum is absolutely no place for making malicious accusations and threats, and thinking that it's okay to do so and just forget about it as though it never happened. Sorry, doesn't work that way. That's not critical thinking or good command of English. And it certainly isn't acceptable behaviour!

NONE of the true Hitchin fans want to see this sort of behaviour on their Forum. Enough have come forward here to make that clear.

So like Brian Jackie, I would like to say that if you wish to participate on this forum then the way you conduct yourself from hereon must be acceptable to all those who do participate. And above all, that means debate, agree or disagree, but not keep having to try to impose yourself and your will on others. That, which I see as being having a personal agenda, is unacceptable. If you are what you are and that you is unacceptable to so many others because of the way you present yourself on social media...well, are you right and everyone else wrong? The sad thing is...this week you've gone after the two people who always tried to have your back.

Now. Back to Michael D's key question. No we aren't safe IMHO. Need 48 points.
Locked Previous topicNext topic