Tamworth / I wonder who wrote this !!!

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tamworth / I wonder who wrote this !!!

Post by SimonP »

I reckon 45 points would be enough. Bottom 5 all averaging a point a game or less, probably 3 of those 5 could be the one team out of that group that avoids the drop which if they throw the kitchen sink at it could lead to a better average in the final quarter of the season. The predicted final league table on footballwebpages has the highest relegated team on 38 points, although their prediction model looks iffy in my opinion

Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

45 points would probably see us safe. 48 points would definitely see us safe.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Fair play Jackie.. social media doesn't always show us in our best light, as Brian put very well, so don't be too hard on yourself, just step back from it for a while as you say
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Scroll on....
Last edited by Chris_N on Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:33 pm Hi Chris,

Just wanted to let you know that I’ve gone into several posts on this thread and edited them. I realise some comments I made got out of hand and I went over the top with them. I suppose with hindsight it was because I was very shocked that someone could go into a closed group and copy and paste someone else’s work and repost it. Re-reading back your comments I can now see that you were being hypothetical rather than making definite statements. I hope you will accept this as an apology on my part for anything that got out of hand. I can’t do anything about the original post because I’m not Spooks.

As for your other comments regarding whether I want to participate or post or not on this forum and how I conduct myself in light of how other forum members feel, I just want to say you have no future concerns in that department at all. I have made a decision this evening I’m taking a complete break from social media and also football for a while. I hope that will reassure people who are not on the forum directly because they don’t want me on here that they can come on and post. I will remain on the forum but taking a break and therefore will not be contributing any postings for some time.

Everything has got completely out of hand for some time, completely unintentionally, but I do take responsibility for my part. Therefore the best thing I can do in everyone’s interest is just to completely step away and let the dust settle.
Thanks for this posting Jackie. But I do have to close my involvement in this issue by saying that the sincerity of your apology and your decision can only be backed up by how you act from hereon and whether you do what you say you will do. This club wants to welcome all, but the old adage says: "Behaviour breeds behaviour". Passion can often be portrayed as aggression, and perception these days is nine tenths of the rule.

If you hurt someone and apologise, the apology itself doesn't make things right and we can all just carry on as though the past didn't happen. What makes things right is your ensuing actions over a period of time to demonstrate your true sincerity and regain the trust of the person/persons that have been hurt. As I see it, that's what needs to happen here.

The majority of people don't like confrontation, conflict and most of all.....to be threatened. That as I have already said is truly what this Forum is not, nor ever has been, about. People are just not comfortable with it, or in some cases don't have the personality, confidence or energy to deal with it to a conclusion. Some are scared by threats. Whatever their reaction, they are just as likely to say: "can't be doing with this" than to return. And when that happens, it is to the Club's detriment.

All folks want from this Forum is to pick up information and have a pleasant debate and banter about their team - not constant personal battles and arguments. Even when the going is tough.

For my part I sincerely hope your posting above pans out to be sincere. Only time will tell, and I am pleased that you have yourself made a decision on what is best for yourself, and also the Club, at this time.

I end by saying that I truly bear no personal dislike or malice towards you whatsoever - I like others, just want us all at Hitchin to be happy in following our team.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

I will add a few words but not many.

Jackie it's not as personal as you and others think (Barring an incident on facebook some years ago)

I have a strong dislike for people putting the club down when I believe the ethos of a supporter is to support no matter what.

Burkey I will always speak up for as quite frankly he owes no one at this club anything. He is a club legend whatever happens after today. I have simply found some comments disrespectful to him and he does not deserve that. I did not like some of the comments made towards him.

Have a break freshen up your perspective and follow the word's Brian and Chris have said and if you can follow through on your words will be more than happy to welcome you back.

One other thing I will add is Chris when Socks added post's I considered negative I reacted the same way. It's not as personal as you might think.
Last edited by DarrenW on Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

Couldn't have put that better myself Darren,we are a very tolerant club, with an even more tolerant forum, but there are limits.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

DarrenW wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:13 pm One other thing I will add is Chris when Socks added post's I considered negative I reacted the same way. It's not as personal as you might think.
And I did too Darren....and sometimes I even reacted to some of John TG's postings and he was one of my best friends! It's been a long learning curve for all of us, but there are marks which should not be stepped beyond.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Chris_N wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:43 pm
DarrenW wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:13 pm One other thing I will add is Chris when Socks added post's I considered negative I reacted the same way. It's not as personal as you might think.
And I did too Darren....and sometimes I even reacted to some of John TG's postings and he was one of my best friends! It's been a long learning curve for all of us, but there are marks which should not be stepped beyond.
I like the words of the late great Ginger Mccain who trained Red Rum. (He wasnt the most PC to be clear as these words came in his book in 2005)

"You can insult a man's wife but never insult his horse"

I think this ties in with....

"You can insult a man's wife but not his football club"
Locked Previous topicNext topic