Tamworth / I wonder who wrote this !!!

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Spooks
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tamworth / I wonder who wrote this !!!

Post by Spooks »

So this Saturday Tamworth come to Hitchin.

The ground is fantastic and a lot of work has been done on ground improvements. There is a really good food van inside the ground selling all kinds of burgers, chips, hot drinks etc called The Canary Kitchen. The bar is a different set up and it gets quite packed on a Saturday. But the beers and larger are still reasonable prices from what I know.

My assessment of the Hitchin first team and my prediction on the result……. honestly as long as Tamworth up their game and with the huge number of injuries that the Hitchin squad now have I really don’t see an upset here for Tamworth. Hitchin have definitely improved as an outfit on the pitch since October but mainly through team spirit more than anything else. Hitchin’s best defender Toby Syme was the main reason they drew at Leiston on Saturday. Toby Syme is class but he got red carded at Leiston so he won’t be playing. Ciaren Jones who is Hitchin’s best defender on loan was still injured last weekend and he may or may not be fit for Saturday. Charlie Horlock Hitchin’s keeper is an excellent keeper and has pulled off some brilliant saves this season. Hitchin’s best player is Lewis Barker and although he’s more of a midfield player he is quite versatile and has played at the back sometimes and I feel they may try to get him to mark Dan Creaney on Saturday and if they do Dan will have to work for his goals. But aside from Lewis they have no one who can come close to marking Dan for the whole 90 minutes. I have even said this to them openly on the Hitchin Forum at the weekend and no one has come back to me. Daniel Idiakhoa is a new young Hitchin player on loan and he is very quick at breaking away down the right flank as he did against Stourbridge. Finley Wilkinson is a young new striker this season and he again is good at making something out of nothing when you least expect it. Jack Morrell who has just come back from injury is highly rated but personally I think Hitchin are expecting too much of him too soon following his recovery. My gut feeling is that Mark Burke will be possibly looking to play some new loan players and youngsters to bring fresh legs into the side and who he probably also hopes Tamworth may know little about. But if he does that, as he so often does for big games at the eleventh hour, their lacking in experience may cost him the match on Saturday. The two most experienced Hitchin players Steve Cawley and Stephen Gleeson, were also still injured or Cawley wasn’t fully fit last weekend even though he was on the subs bench and didn’t play against Leiston. But even if they are match fit for the Tamworth game they have both missed so many games so they will probably be stale playing wise so I don’t feel they will present any real threat. Ashley Hay is a danger to Tamworth and if Hay plays he’s a player Tamworth need to mark really tightly. Hay is a centre forward but I saw him make an excellent clearance from the back against Stourbridge. Diogo Freitas-Gouveia is the best striker that Hitchin have. He is absolute class. Both of these two players in particular cannot be allowed to be left unmarked, not for a single second. Diogo and Ashley Hay are everywhere for Hitchin in a game. Last but not least Bradley Bell and Layne Eadie who play in the Hitchin defence. Bell has scored a few cracking goals as well but I personally I don’t think they’re a match for Tamworth and will prevent Tamworth’s forwards from getting through the back line. I felt two days ago that the most Hitchin will get this Saturday is a draw but my gut feeling now having heard from a Tamworth supporter that Alex Collard is now okay for Saturday as he does make a huge difference when he is playing is that it will be a 2-1 or a 3-1 win for Tamworth on Saturday.

Have a safe journey down everyone. 😊😊😊

Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Tamworth / I wonder who wrote this !!!

Post by Chris_N »

Jackie if I were a cynic, I'd honestly be believing that you're now talking to yourself. Or your alter ego Spooks. Is it too coincidental that Spooks' posting is finished with the same three emojis as your posting a few days ago when you wished everybody a nice weekend :lol: :lol: . It's written in your style (Incidentally the weekend wasn't bad, I'd have taken the point all day). Years ago I had an alter ego on the Forum, and I remember having to concentrate very carefully to ensure that it didn't sound like me. Still, I've always believed that talking to yourself means you get the right answer :lol:

But anyway, that's not what the Forum is about. The question is how is the game going to go. In answer to yours, Spooks' or anybody else's posting......Tamworth are a pace side, not a physical side, which suits us. They have to be, they play about 60% of their games on artifical pitches. Yes our nice pitch will help them, but it will help us as well. Fair play to Mark for having five decent centre backs at his disposal (Layne Eadie can play on the left side of a back three if necessary as well), so yes we'll miss Toby and Ciaren, but we have enough to give them a game. We do need a bit more up front, and if Steve Cawley is involved it would help. but on our day I think we have at least enough to get a point out of it.

Creaney is good at ghosting in, all good strikers are, so something we'll need to watch. Should be a good game.
Last edited by Chris_N on Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Chris_N wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:43 am Jackie if I were a cynic, I'd honestly be believing that you're now talking to yourself. Or your alter ego Spooks. Is it too coincidental that Spooks' posting is finished with the same three emojis as your posting a few days ago when you wished everybody a nice weekend :lol: :lol: . It's written in your style (Incidentally the weekend wasn't bad, I'd have taken the point all day). Years ago I had an alter ego on the Forum, and I remember having to concntrate very carefully to ensure that it didn't sound like me. Still, I've always believed that talking to yourself means you get the right answer :lol:

But anyway, that's not what the Forum is about. The question is how is the game going to go. In answer to yours, Spooks' or anybody else's posting......Tamworth are a pace side, not a physical side, which suits us. They have to be, they play about 60% of their games on artifical pitches. Yes our nice pitch will help them, but it will help us as well. Fair play to Mark for having five decent centre backs at his disposal (Layne Eadie can play on the left side of a back three if necessary as well), so yes we'll miss Toby and Ciaren, but we have enough to give them a game. We do need a bit more up front, and if Steve Cawley is involved it would help. but on our day I think we have at least enough to get a point out of it.

Creaney is good at ghosting in, all good strikers are, so something we'll need to watch. Should be a good game.
Add the speed of reply to that. 15 mins and guessing it took most of 15 minutes to write that reply.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

DarrenW wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:09 pm Add the speed of reply to that. 15 mins and guessing it took most of 15 minutes to write that reply.
Again, my comments in response to the first two postings were purely based on what I observed in the thread so far, and without any motivation or reason to start an argument again over personalities which is NOT what it's about.

If it were the case, and if it were.....so what? It started a debate about Saturday's game and how we think it will go and in the spirit of a good thread, that's what I contributed to. Sorry Darren, but your posting doesn't exactly do that.
Last edited by Chris_N on Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy »

I see Tamworth - famous for their fuel shortage clickbaiting on Twitter - are clickbaiting on Facebook about our ticketing arrangements.

I presume we send the routine ticketing info to every club. But only Tamworth post it where they know it will set off the minority.

Perhaps its to cover the aftermath of their little riot the other day?
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Cat Daisy wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:21 pm I see Tamworth - famous for their fuel shortage clickbaiting on Twitter - are clickbaiting on Facebook about our ticketing arrangements.

I presume we send the routine ticketing info to every club. But only Tamworth post it where they know it will set off the minority.

Perhaps its to cover the aftermath of their little riot the other day?
Don't care.

All we're worried about is ourselves and being prepared. Won't waste my week looking at their Twitter or Facebook. OF COURSE we send the routine arrangements for ticketing to every club! If we didn't. we'd have a greater proportion of people turning up without a ticket! We're two seasons in now, it's the norm.

I would rather prepare for the game positively, and that everything will be absolutely fine because we have been proactive and taken every precaution we can to make sure it will be that way.

So anyone out there....please don't tell me what Tamworth are saying on Facebook and Twitter because to be honest, I really don't care, I don't want to know and secondly, it's totally irrelevant. People can moan as much as they want, but they have choices......

And if Hitchin people really want to do the right thing by their Club which they support, they won't get involved. Don't look at it!
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

It's gonna be tough on Saturday. Whatever team we put out Tamworth are still the league leaders and there on merit.

What's nice is that we don't actually need a result. This time last season we were scrapping for points to stay up.
At least the players can relax and play their game which when you are scrapping for points is difficult.

All we can ask is the players give it their best shot. Any points will be a bonus but you never know.

Jackie, one question for you as I am not on the Tamworth forum.
Do Tamworth fans fear a points deduction following the Nuneaton abandonment?
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Even Melchester Rovers never had such confusing plots before a big game
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

If anyone was going to infiltrate a closed group in order to steal postings, how fitting it should be someone called Spooks - clearly so named for a good reason!
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:30 pm 74658794-ADA0-4261-9980-EEA720FE368F.png

Oh Dear.

Spooks whoever he or she is joined the forum in 2018 and never left during the two year period when I was banned.

Spooks whoever you are has copied and pasted my post directly from the Tamworth closed group. Read my first posting. Yes it is my post copied and pasted by a spineless individual calling themselves Spooks with nothing better to do except to try and trash me personally.

How terribly low and sad Chris that you of all people had to score an own goal. You were the admin of this forum when I was reinstated by you in December 2020. Therefore you would never have let me come back on with an alias name. The Club Admin knows who everyone is on the forum including those with alias names.

I’m going to challenge you openly on here as you have made a libellous allegation against my integrity and I’m going to say either withdraw your libellous allegation or I will take the matter further. I have integrity and I am honest.

For the benefit of anyone in any doubt I am not Spooks.

I’m quick on picking up on posts because I have always had a high standard of English from childhood. I was on the forum at the time Spooks posted to read the ridiculous reply to the other Tamworth thread.

Brian, in answer to your post I don’t know what the consequences will be of the abandoned Tamworth v Nuneaton game. Only the board of the league will decide.
Oh Jackie Jackie Jackie...when will you ever accept that it's not all about you?

Re your challenge: All I really have to say on your challenge is that if your standard of English is as high as you say it is, then you would have picked up from my wording that: a) No accusation was made against you, I just said how it appeared to me (and probably to all other posters on this Forum), and b) I merely recalled when I had my own alter ego, how it was for me. I then proceeded to respond to the thread, which was why I was on there. No "own goal" at all - VAR has ruled it out!

The words and language I used were "conditional" and "if's" and how it all looks. But I HAVE NOT DIRECTLY, OR INDIRECTLY, ACCUSED YOU OF ANYTHING.

However in your response, you have directly accused me of libel and threatened me with "taking it further":
I’m going to challenge you openly on here as you have made a libellous allegation against my integrity and I’m going to say either withdraw your libellous allegation or I will take the matter further. I have integrity and I am honest.

. Go on then if you must. But please be aware that I feel 100% confident that should I have the need to counter act anything which you accuse me of, I have you DIRECTLY accusing me of libel here. A decent thread is trashed again because you've made it about you and not the forthcoming game against Tamworth.

For me this is absolutely not personal, not do I feel any anger....more sadness. But now that you have made such a damning public accusation of my character and my integrity, I expect you to follow it right through and make it stick, or withdraw it. If you don't, I will myself consider my next step. I'll let it sit for seven days, and if I hear nothing I will consider the matter closed. What doesn't add up though, is that your tone in response to me comes across as much more angry than it does in response to Spooks, to whom you enthusiastically reply seemingly without any display of anger. I should have thought that what Spooks has done is far more of an action to demean your character! Just saying how it looks - no accusations!

Sorry to all of you other Forum posters, and to you Brian, that this has degenerated to this. I know, and you know, it is not what Hitchin Town wants. I am happy to step away from the Forum if asked - this is not what I come on here for.
Last edited by Chris_N on Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Locked Previous topicNext topic