Alternative report by Chas Hunt

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Alternative report by Chas Hunt

Post by Greenfinch »

When Hitchin are in this type of mood they are a joy to watch, in fact Cheshunt played their part too,with none of the usual surrounding the referee, poor tackles or gamesmanship.The first half was a bit cagey,with both sides checking each other out,before a great one handed save by Charlie ( I call him The Battery, because he's always 'Ever Ready') Stopped Cheshunt from taking the lead.Hitchin though had two great chances to take the lead, a crisp powerful shot, which the keeper just kept out, and another when the keeper was caught in no mans land and the effort going narrowly wide.
So we reached half time,and I was thinking, Cheshunt were going to throw everything at us, but no,we matched them in every position and started to look the better side, chasing down everything and playing some smart moves "Come on town we can do this" and we did with a free kick straight out of The Premiership, and a smart finish by Toby Syme.Soon after, Ashley Hay, ever alert in the box headed in a second, Hitchin were now cruising.The defence stood firm, and the midfield shut down the advances, and I think the forwards were still running on the coach home.I thought the stewards holding us back while the referees were let through were a credit to Cheshunt, wishing us well in the final, and gracious in defeat.