Alternative report by Sam Shanks

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Alternative report by Sam Shanks

Post by Greenfinch »

Thing is we had two reasonable good chances to take the lead, before they scored their goal,and actually, there was a handball which the inconsistent referee missed, that led to the corner that Tamworth scored from.Up to that point we had matched them quite well.As for the penalty, justice was served, I liked the way Charlie, before the kick was taken, pointed to the left,and then watched the ball sail over the bar.
The second half saw us pinned into our own half,must be a record at Top Field that we defended so many corners, but just about held out.Think Tamworth should be called 'The Bees' instead of The Lambs, as they don't play a lot of flowing football, but seem to swarm everywhere.We might have been a bit jaded today as well after the superb win at Chesham on Tuesday.Nevertheless, the commitment and effort from all the team again was there to see.We just could not break out of our own half, and when we did, ran up against that man mountain of a defender, who wouldn't look out of place in tv's Britains Strongest Man competition, how I would have loved one of our forwards to run at him, but he was well protected,and our midfield had enough to deal with.
Fair play to Mark, who introduced two forwards, but it wasn't to be, at the end of the day we played the league leaders, with a young side, another learning curve for the future. Charlie you were my man of the match.