Royston game

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Peter_Barnes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Royston game

Post by Peter_Barnes »

A great win this afternoon and a very entertaining afternoons football. It was refreshing watching two sides going for the win, and neither side trying to waste time at the end. To be fair, Royston were the better side in the first half, but a great second half performance by the lads meant we just about deserved the victory. And to win it with a last minute goal is always something special!
A lot of great performances throughout the team, and great to see Diogo back. I thought Josh and Dan had great games in midfield, and Finley was very lively up front, but Toby Syme was a worthy MOTM. The clearance of the line was worth MOTM on its own!

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Royston game

Post by Brian »

Thoroughly agree Peter. It was a great afternoon.

A lovely day, big local derby, big crowd - it was all set up for us to fail but someone forgot to give the players the script.

We held on a bit in the first half but had some great chances in the second.

To score with virtually the last kick of the game was the icing on the cake.

I work in Royston, can't wait to get back to work. I don't get bragging rights very often :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:
Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr Refreshment »

To win with almost the last kick of the game is always special.
The performance today reflects on the hard work and determination of all involved.
Promises well for the future.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Brian wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:51 pm Thoroughly agree Peter. It was a great afternoon.

A lovely day, big local derby, big crowd - it was all set up for us to fail but someone forgot to give the players the script.

We held on a bit in the first half but had some great chances in the second.

To score with virtually the last kick of the game was the icing on the cake.

I work in Royston, can't wait to get back to work. I don't get bragging rights very often :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:
Good to hear you back on the vocal's on the tannoy Brian.

One very minor thing is we couldnt hear you in the Fishponds Stand. Might be where we was stood.

Great performance from the team. Enjoyed the game result and weather.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Thanks Darren, just a brief reprise whilst the lads were unavailable.

The speakers on the ground behind the Fishponds Road goal were definitely working before the game. Perhaps I got a little excited when the goal went in and pulled a wire out :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic