Teams we are likely to face in the league next season

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Teams we are likely to face in the league next season

Post by KEITH »

With the promotion & relegation now sorted we have a pretty good idea who will be joining us next season. Coming up from the Southern League div 1 central are Berko & Didcot. I assume this to be a given. However the 2 other teams coming up & the 2 teams coming down from the National League I'm basing on pure geography. As far as I can tell we'll be getting Stamford & Halesowen from the Northern Premier League div 1 central & Kettering & Leamington from the National League north. The 4 teams coming down from NL south are Hungerford, Cheshunt, Concord Rangers & Dulwich Hamlet. I'm guessing Hungerford will go to the SLP south & Dulwich to the Ryman but with Concord Rangers on Canvey Island & Cheshunt in Herts either of them could be Ryman bound with Concord being the most likely leaving Cheshunt in the SLP south. However if the rumours from last season are true that Needham Market have expressed a desire to join the Ryman we may get Concord Rangers. We will wait & see 🤔.

Pessimists are never disappointed.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Teams we are likely to face in the league next season

Post by RST »

This is a spreadsheet of projected divisions for next season sourced from @NonLeagueMaps on Twitter

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1554605711

Several changes possible, but not guaranteed of course. Interesting to see how accurate this proves to be.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

I can see the logic in Needham Market wanting to be moved due to the amount of Essex/London clubs, for the same reason I wouldn't have thought Concord would fancy the southern central?
Becca1980
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Becca1980 »

Big news out of Kettering Town today, their chairman is stepping away, dissolving the board and a new board will be formed with the task of finding a new owner for the club, though it will be debt free.

I was expecting that they would probably be looking to get straight back up but that may not be the case now.

Their fans have been calling for the manager to be sacked and he was appointed last year on a 2 year contract so I guess that means they are stuck with him.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

KEITH wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:20 am With the promotion & relegation now sorted we have a pretty good idea who will be joining us next season. Coming up from the Southern League div 1 central are Berko & Didcot. I assume this to be a given. However the 2 other teams coming up & the 2 teams coming down from the National League I'm basing on pure geography. As far as I can tell we'll be getting Stamford & Halesowen from the Northern Premier League div 1 central & Kettering & Leamington from the National League north. The 4 teams coming down from NL south are Hungerford, Cheshunt, Concord Rangers & Dulwich Hamlet. I'm guessing Hungerford will go to the SLP south & Dulwich to the Ryman but with Concord Rangers on Canvey Island & Cheshunt in Herts either of them could be Ryman bound with Concord being the most likely leaving Cheshunt in the SLP south. However if the rumours from last season are true that Needham Market have expressed a desire to join the Ryman we may get Concord Rangers. We will wait & see 🤔.
Keith - Ryman haven't sponsored the Isthmian League for years now. You'll be calling it the Diadora Leaague next!!! :lol: :lol:

Anyway - reckon Kettering and Leamington are nailed on for Southern League Central, think we could well get Halesowen again when you consider that they are close to Stourbridge and a number of other Midlands clubs so a few local derbies (great pubs at Halesowen!) That leaves but one.

I don't think it will be Stamford - reckon they are too much of an outpost and there are no other Lincolnshire clubs in the Southern League. They will go Northern Premier I reckon. Telford were talked about but don't see why - they have always been Northern Premier. Cheshunt were in the Isthmian last time round. Right near to Enfield Town, Haringey Borough and others.

My favourite to join the Premier Division Central is Didcot Town, who won the Division One Central Play-Offs? Why not?
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

RST wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:16 am This is a spreadsheet of projected divisions for next season sourced from @NonLeagueMaps on Twitter

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1554605711

Several changes possible, but not guaranteed of course. Interesting to see how accurate this proves to be.
Berko is a possibility but they're really geared to go South. Looking at this, Long Eaton would be definite possibilities. I've heard before that Stafford wouldn't mind coming South. AFC Sudbury? Nah, think they are Isthmian.

Notice that in this prediction, all three teams who got shunted South last season have been shunted back North. Would be sorry to lose Mickleover, but not the other two. Especially Basford.
Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy »

Why would Long Eaton be in a different league to the 3 East Midlands clubs that have been shunted back to NPL? Pity there wasn't another excuse to go to Nottingham next season!
Stick Leamington in the other Southern League and they can drive up and down the M5 all season - and Nuneaton and all the other West Middle Earth clubs. Then they can switch Chesham and Berko into to the same division as Hitchin.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Bishops Storts in the northern I see, subject to
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

So it looks as if the final projection was almost correct, apart from us keeping Mickleover and losing Basford instead.

PREMIER DIVISION CENTRAL

AFC Sudbury
AFC Telford United
Alvechurch
Barwell
Berkhamsted
Bromsgrove Sporting
Coalville Town
Halesowen Town
Hitchin Town
Kettering Town
Leamington
Leiston
Long Eaton United
Mickleover
Needham Market
Nuneaton Borough
Redditch United
Royston Town
St Ives Town
Stamford AFC
Stourbridge
Stratford Town
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

I'm pleased we have kept Mickleover out of the three we got from the NPL last season. Stamford is a nice surprise - great town and decent pubs. Train journey beckons for that one. Only two new grounds for me - Long Eaton and AFC Telford.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic