Am I an optimist

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Andy Denniss
Silver Member
Silver Member

Am I an optimist

Post by Andy Denniss »

I think I can safely say that with the announced signings so far we are in for a good season. We have the nucleus of a good squad and with a couple more signing I'm really hopefull for the new season. Having said that I've never won the prediction league 😉. Looking forward to the new season already

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Am I an optimist

Post by Brian »

Good to read that Ciaren Jones has signed for us on a contract for the coming season.

Really important part of the defence and will add a few goals as well.
SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SimonP »

Totally agree. I think I will only ever be not pessimistic rather than committing to full blown optimism, but to get the signatures we have got already is great. Would be amazing to get Daniel back having been released by Luton but know there will be a few clubs interested.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

It's the Burkey way when you think about it. The 2016/17 team came good in Burkey's 5th year as manager? He seems to have a nack of developing talent.

The rebuild that came from that success took the same time I can see next season being a rather good one.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

I don't like optimism. Makes me feel insecure. Much prefer the old adage of expect nothing, then you won't be disappointed. Much better going to games expecting nothing and then getting something. Hope is a killer.

All that said, I have to admit that the secured signings so far point towards getting some continuity, the first building block towards making real progress. Great work done by the team management so far. I'll just have to put up with being insecure :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Have to say I'm really pleased with the announcements on virtually all the squad returning however a real mix of emotions about the last two announcements.

I was really hoping we might try and resign Isaac Galliford. He's such a talented attacking midfielder. Play him to his strengths and we will get those mazey runs and spectacular goals.

Completely different emotions shortly afterwards with the announcement that JCS has decided to move on. I am probably his biggest fan.
When fit he's such a great all round midfielder. Tough tackling but plenty of skill with a fabulous range of passing. Would welcome him back tomorrow if things don't work out.

Good luck to JCS and Steve Cawley, and thank you for your efforts.
Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian Parker »

Still got my fingers crossed in the hope that we can aquire the striker who would make all the difference. Don't know how they are doing it but Biggleswade appear to be hoovering up quite a collection of note worthy strikers.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Having missed the first two friendlies but heard encouraging things I was pleased to see a strong line up start last night at Leighton.. 4 goals later and the A505 being shut on the way back and i was brought me back to reality :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic