Prediction - ROYSTON

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

steve.max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Prediction - ROYSTON

Post by steve.max »

Royston did what they generally do which is disrupt the flow of the game and look to score and take the points. On top of all that they defended stoutly and I don`t believe we won a ball in the air, in the box, after we scored. The Royston back line mopped up everything and still we decided the high ball was the best option. Why ?? They grew stronger in the second half as we lost our way. One can`t grumble about the result on that performance, we got what we derserved.

Congratulations to the prediction winners : Michael Barnes, Grace Greyhound and Taki.
Attachments
Hitchin.pdf
(46.46 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Prediction - ROYSTON

Post by SimonP »

I share your frustration with our failing to play to our strengths in the second half, aerial battles with Adam Murray are ones we are going to come off second best in. We totally lost our composure second half. One example of this, having been bailed out so many times by Charlie (especially in the lean years) I cannot remember a time he has looked as rattled as he did in the second half. Maybe a timely reminder that even though we have got a lot of talent in the team if we are not prepared to put the work in ,we will struggle (then again maybe I am reading too much in to it and we just had a few players having off days today and we will be more like it next Saturday, really hope so).
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

So frustrating insofar as we should have been out of sight be half time. Unless Galliford wasn't able to continue and there wasn't an equivalent sub attacking wise then we've surrendered!
Freddie Cardy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Freddie Cardy »

Not sure if this link will work but here's our interview with Mark- he confirmed that Isaac did have to come off due to injury. Definitely a big turning point in the game.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Freddie Cardy wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:07 am Not sure if this link will work but here's our interview with Mark- he confirmed that Isaac did have to come off due to injury. Definitely a big turning point in the game.
Good interview Freddie.. that makes sense taking Isaac off, a shame we don't have more attacking options to bring on
SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SimonP »

Good interview Freddie. Btw is next Saturday your last game before going off to university ?
MACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MACK »

For me it was a case of too many square pegs in round holes. I won't mention names specifically, but too many good players were out of their normal/ best position- and it showed. I thought Idiakhoa had a great game, though.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

MACK wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:11 pm I thought Idiakhoa had a great game, though.
Yes I agree he is great, shame he had to drop so deep to see any of the ball in the 2nd half.

We've got a lot of excellent players currently, so it's frustrating when it doesn't click
Freddie Cardy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Freddie Cardy »

SimonP wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:37 am Good interview Freddie. Btw is next Saturday your last game before going off to university ?
Thank you- it'll be the Saturday after (if we progress in the FA Cup). That'll be my last home game for a bit but I'm aiming to do quite a few away from home as I'll be in Derby.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic