Winning ugly

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

MACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Winning ugly

Post by MACK »

Well, I can't say it was a good game of football. No shot on target from either team in the first half. Stratford's first shot on target was right at the end ( thankfully a tame shot). And although I was there, I have no idea who scored the goal- in fact, I didn't even see the ball go in, just a bunch of players throw themselves ar the ball and then celebrate together.

So a scappy match and a scrappy goal in miserable Halloween weather. But do I care ? Of course not. Same again on saturday please, when I'll be looking forward to another trip to the midlands, hoping I don't get lost in the myriad of motorways like I usually do ( just hope the players have more energy than I do with all this travelling up and down).

Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Winning ugly

Post by Canadian »

I just read Pipeman's report. First of all I felt intellectually challenged as I didn't have a clue what dithyrambic meant. Secondly he referred to our kit as purple. Does the club still insist that it is not purple but magenta? Is it a different away kit from last year? I just remember that I received a lot of flak calling the kit purple and not magenta. Finally well done to the team. Are we in danger of being promoted? Something so many people associated with the club do not seem to want.
MACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Winning ugly

Post by MACK »

That makes two of us, Canadian,-I don't know what d********c means either.

Onto your second point- Mangenta, surely ( in the same way that the shirt that I sometimes wear to work is cerise, not pink)

And as for your third point, I can't talk for others but, of course, I would love promotion (I'm just an occasional supporter) otherwise there's little point. And if the management team doesn't want promotion, then it seems to be doing a pretty good job at building a team that might achieve something that it doesn't actually want.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic