Prediction - TELFORD

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

steve.max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Prediction - TELFORD

Post by steve.max »

A 0-0 draw, was a fair result in a game which produced very few attempts on goal. Although Telford had their moments, especially towards the end, I thought we played the better football. We may have been a bit overawed by the stadium and the fact that Telford`s home record is very good with few goals being conceded, but on this showing we found that they are just as beatable as any other team in this league. Well done to the lads as we didn`t lose and got another point in the bag.

Congratulations to the prediction winners: Polly Filler, Pipeman, Barry Swain and Jeffrey Tebbutt.
Attachments
Hitchin.pdf
(33.81 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Prediction - TELFORD

Post by russell »

Very respectable point. At times I was frustrated we didn't create more as it felt like Telford were struggling, but in hindsight this was probably down to the way we nullified them. Dan sat quite deep but again it worked very well defensively so no complaints. I like the way our full backs get involved in central areas too, I think tactically we are streets ahead of last season.

Absolutely incredible block from Toby Syme towards the end. If we keep playing like this we might end up with overly zealous stewarding on a regular basis!
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

russell wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:38 pmIf we keep playing like this we might end up with overly zealous stewarding on a regular basis!
For Telford, who are having to adapt to their first ever season at Step 3, it was normal stewarding - all they have ever known at Steps 1 and 2.

For you, and Hitchin, it was "overly zealous".

Yesterday's experience was not unlike what we had experienced when we went to Hereford for a League game, or to Maidstone in the FA Cup. No easy way of getting from A to B - although there was no segregation, half the ground was closed off. If I'd tried to get from the Board Room to behind the goal, I reckon I'd have missed half of the first half!
Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Neil »

I thought it was an excellent ground and a friendly club. The game was poor, however, but a point is a point.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic