Geoff Thomason

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Geoff Thomason

Post by Brian »

Having just read Steve Barker's tribute to Geoff Thomason on the club news, I just wanted to add a few words.

Geoff was a great guy and a real clubman helping out as part of the ground staff.

He was always a regular at games, close season maintenance sessions and poster on the forum.

Geoff always had a smile on his face and time to chat to everyone. We always stopped and chatted when bumping into each other on the terraces.

A great character around Top Field who will be sorely missed.

RIP Geoff.

Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Geoff Thomason

Post by Chris_N »

Lovely guy. Remember him for being one of about five Hitchin folks who made it down to Bideford for one of our games down there. He will be greatly missed. RIP Geoff.
steve.max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by steve.max »

Condolences to Geoff`s family who will like us be missing a great guy with a dry wit. Let`s not forget the work he did for the groundstaff and club.
We will all miss his shout of RUBBISH.

RIP Geoff
Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy »

Sad news
Chris_N wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:17 pm Lovely guy. Remember him for being one of about five Hitchin folks who made it down to Bideford for one of our games down there. He will be greatly missed. RIP Geoff.
He drove Bryan, Matt (RIP) and me down to Bideford for a pre-Xmas game, and sensibly had a pre-match walk around the town while we all hit the pub. About a dozen away fans at the ground and Hitchin lost but Geoff helped to make it a good day.

RIP Geoff
MickD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MickD »

Geoff Thomason, to me at least, was a classic example of that breed of supporter upon whom this Club of ours has relied for the last twenty years. Intensely loyal and always prepared to help out where assistance was required – generally manifested by virtue of the countless hours that he spent at the ground, doing any one or more of the ten jobs that needed to be done that day.
Always quietly spoken until upset by a poor refereeing decision, Geoff always had a gentle smile and a relaxed demeanour.
Top Field and Hitchin Town FC will be the poorer for his absence.
Attachments
Geoff cropped  RED_9871.jpg
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Great words Mick. Only thing i'd add was liked a chat about anything Hitchin if bumped into in town. Sat on a few benches talking to him with his dog. Proper gent. (Mick about to send you a pm)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Just wanted to say thank you for the kind words about my Dad. He would have been wondering what all the fuss was about as he was always a very humble man and never seemed to blow his own trumpet.

I was up at the ground with my brother for the minutes silence, as were all of Geoff's grand children. It was really nice for them to see how appreciated he was by his friends and the club. A great memory for them to have of their Grandad. So thanks to Steve and others involved for getting it arranged.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic