Victoria Kevans - The Victoria

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Victoria Kevans - The Victoria

Post by Neil »

Some dreadfully sad news. Victoria, the landlady of The Victoria, has passed away. She had been ill for just a short time. Many fans will recall that The Vic was a regular pre-match haunt and over the years, the club used the pub for various events. The Vic was also a sponsor and Victoria (and her sister, Nicola), were always hospitable hosts. Their mother, Cilla, was also very welcoming to the club's fans. I am sure everyone would like to pass on their condolences to Victoria's family at this very sad time. RIP Victoria.

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Victoria Kevans - The Victoria

Post by RST »

Saw this news last night and just couldn't believe it. Unbelievably sad.

Sincerest condolences to all of Victoria's family and friends.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

It's very very sad. She has young kids and any thoughts at the pub and with us has to be with them.

As Neil said (and he wrote a great piece on facebook) about her business sense and how she ran the pub. Excellent beer and staff.

I didn't know you well but you ran a great pub and always showed interest in the results. As for as the Canaries when we was in exile from our own clubhouse and had the promotion party there after we beat Daventry which was a very memorable day partly due to you.

RIP Vic.
MickD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MickD »

I can't add much to the previous postings other than to acknowledge and express my appreciation for the support that Vic provided to the Football Club over the last decade and more, just as her mother had done before her.

The fact that over many seasons, the Vic has widely been chosen as the "local" of choice by visiting supporters, says much for the welcome offered by the pub and its staff. Fixture posters and club colours were invariably on display and the pub was equally popular with home supporters in for a quick beer before the match. All too often getting in that last pint of Abbot at ten to three meant an uncomfortably quick march up Fishponds Road for a 3 o'clock kick-off. Mr Sexton still has much to answer for.

Sincerest condolences to all family and friends.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic