Hitchin performances

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hitchin performances

Post by Mr Refreshment »

It is with reluctance that I post this.
But what on earth is going on?
The recent performances have been chaotic, directionless and abysmal.
There's no direction or system.
Frankly it's depressing.

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hitchin performances

Post by anthony.brown »

Successive flat team performances, Snooker Loopy (yuk!) on the tannoy, our web site history still showing the howler that Francis Shillitoe lived at Foxholes. We are now attending matches expecting the team to be gallant losers. We want to see gallant possible winners; a squad capable of picking up the odd point here and there. Ten successive defeats suggests that there is something deeper than just missing key players.
Piltdown
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Piltdown »

Poor tactics that never change , I would question the fitness of our players as bromsgrove were a yard quicker all over the pitch.
The happy clappers won't like this but at any other club on a run like this the manager would either be sacked or walk
He has taken it as far as he can
Rick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rick »

If I can be honest, I have largely become disinterested watching Hitchin. I think we have become stale for a few years now and in terms of the football we haven’t moved forward. Which is a shame as the club has moved in great direction off the field.

I like Mark he is a great guy and has done so much for the club. Taking emotions out of it, for years I think his decision making has been poor as well as tactically for when it matters. Hitchin has a great fan base and it’s growing which is incredible! If we continue to decline in the way we have been we all know attendances will eventually drop as well. Grass is not always greener on the other side however on this occasion I think a change of management may well be needed in order to take this wonderful club to the next level.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Bit of an absent supporter these days but of course follow results

12 years as a manager is a long run but something is not right. I have known Burkey for 30 years since he was a player and dont question this must be hurting him much as the rest of us. He is Hitchin Town same as the rest of us.

We wont get relegated looking at the table or least very unlikely so let's wait until the end of the season before any change. We owe him that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic