Next season ?

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Bob_the_builder

Next season ?

Post by Bob_the_builder »

Afternoon all, obviously Saturday is pretty much out of our hands. All we can do is give our boys the support from the sidelines, shout, scream, whatever floats your boat but if Sudbury win … we’re down😩

Not sure how we’ve gone from Second earlier in the season to this state, but we are and now we deal with it.

What concerns me the most is how this mighty club of ours has stagnated over the years. If anything gone in the wrong direction.

How is it that far smaller towns and villages has teams that are going far better than ours?

The gate count at top field has grown considerably over the last 4/5 years, pretty much doubled in fact yet the team is where it is today…

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Next season ?

Post by Brian »

Hi Bob The Builder

The goods news is Sudbury have a very tough fixture away at Leamington who are fourth and have to win to guarantee their place in the play-offs otherwise up to three clubs could jump above them so I think Sudbury will struggle to win.

However it still leaves us having to beat Stourbridge which will not be an easy task and I'm sure they will be doing their best not to give us anything.

You are quite right to ask, how did it come to this?

As for teams from smaller towns and villages doing well. A lot comes down to money, others down to good recruiting and manager's able to get the best out of their players.

Can't disagree with anything you say and given our brilliant fan base and work put it by everyone who does their bit volunteering for the club, we really should'nt be having to face a 90 minute shoot-out for our league status. But nobody is too good or too big to go down!

I hope Digger can weave some magic and get the performance and result we desperately need.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Bob the Builder - can you fix it??? :thumbsup:

To stand any chance of beating the drop, we have to score goals. Concern for me is that as well as not scoring any goals in recent games, we've created very few on target goal chances. I am more confident about Leamington not allowing Sudbury three points, than I am of us turning Stourbridge over.

It's down to the players who represent the Club on Saturday now.
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

I think a draw would be good enough for Leamington Chris, whoever wins below them.
Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian Parker »

I think you mean that a draw is all that Sudbury need because if they get it their goal difference is so much better than ours that they will still finish above us even if we do something that we haven't managed over the last six months and that is to win a league game at home, It is possible but it's going to need a small miracle.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Sorry Brian you're right, all Sudbury need is a draw. Leamington will still want to win. It's not just about a home win, it's about proving we can score a goal or three!
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Been largely absent this season due to work and other matters but will be there tomorrow.

Some valid points raised. The main thing I think is how has a team won the league with about 50% of the fanbase we have? Not sure they have they are a sugar daddy club but they probably put a few more quid in.

How we have the fanbase we have are we well below where we should be? Some questions need answers and with 15 years left to go on the lease time is ticking by.

Not just about this season it's the future of the club in question. We definitely need answers on that one.
Bob_the_builder

Gutted is an understatement after today’s result!

I honestly can’t believe that Hitchin Town FC has come to this..

What I find most frustrating is that the fans never hear from the board about anything, we just seem to amble from season to season with the same stuck in our ways attitude.

Our fans deserve far better
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Bob_the_builder wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 pm Gutted is an understatement after today’s result!

I honestly can’t believe that Hitchin Town FC has come to this..

What I find most frustrating is that the fans never hear from the board about anything, we just seem to amble from season to season with the same stuck in our ways attitude.

Our fans deserve far better
I cant disagree. 30 years a fan and I want to see change but respect to the current management on the board for keeping us at this level but something really has to change. The idea of playing Stotfold (With the greatest of respect to them as they have done great) in a league game a few years ago was ridiculous.

If you look at Stotfold there forward thinking in there ambitions and achieved with it. I cant see that with us right now and this has nothing to do with whose on the pitch. Just need to see 3 points since Christmas.

If it was a comedy show at least I could laugh.

I want the best for the club and think change needs to come now. Simply for the good of the club which we all support.
Bob_the_builder

Fully agree Darren. I do however believe Brett is the right man for the job. I just hope the board back him all the way as he does seem very ambitious, which is exactly what we need right now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic