Hitchin v Kings Langley updates

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hitchin v Kings Langley updates

Post by Cat Daisy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:55 am

Not at match today so feel free to update the score on the forum please.

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hitchin v Kings Langley updates

Post by RST » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:07 pm

For those unable to get to the game this afternoon, the Kings Langley Twitter says:

If you cannot make the game today vs @HitchinTownFC there will be commentary via our new radio https://www.internet-radio.com/station/kingslangleyfc/

pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by pudgy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Hitchin won 2-0

Fairweather_fan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Fairweather_fan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:57 pm

In a completely one sided game Hitchin with some better finishing would have clocked up double figures today,but we had to rely on two quality penalties from Will Wright.I would definitley give the King's Langley Man of the match to their trainer who seemed to be on the pitch the entire game for some of their players who went down as though having been shot .
Last edited by Fairweather_fan on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian Parker » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:10 pm

Another advertisement of our need for a reliable striker. The team were excellent today apart from in front of goal. We really should have had a bucket full, but some of the finishing was unbelievably poor. In the end we had to rely on two fantastic penalties that I doubt the keeper ever saw they were hit with such tremendous power.

Ray(P)
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ray(P) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Kings langley goalkeeper should have got an (OSCAR) for his performance of the dying swan, plus his wanting to fight everyone after each goal.

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Great match day mag again. But did anyone spot the big error?
Met a Kings Langley supporter who played against us in the 1960 HSC match!
Lost count of our near misses, and I think our opponents had just one shot on target?

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:51 pm

Spot on, Jackie. An error is an error, but spotting a rare error adds to our enjoyment of the publication rather than it detracts. Perhaps we should put in deliberate errors to search for.........?
Last edited by anthony.brown on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MarkC » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:02 am

As the guy standing next to me at the match said, penalties were the only way we were going to get the ball in the net. I watched my other team Spurs on the telly straight after and they had exactly the same experience (and you can't say Spurs don't have good players in front of goal). It happens, especially when you're playing teams below you.

The first sending-off came at a good time - Kings Langley's substitutions had seen them push more men on and they started to look a threat on the breakaway.

You could see the impact on Johnny of playing so few games this season. He looked well short of his best, especially 1st half - hopefully he can get up to speed quickly.

Great crowd and it would be nice to think we could have 500+ for Saturday games from here on in. Burkey has a nice rapport with those who stand behind the dug outs and at the beginning of the second half he simply said "patience". I think that could be the watchword for many games over the next couple of months.

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:45 am

Yet again the time wasting antics of the opposition fail to pay off and they were suitably punished by Will's excellent spot-kicks - in particular the second one that I don't think any keeper in the world could have stopped. A well deserved three points again, well done lads.

One wonders what directives there are regarding head injuries in football. If their goalkeeper is to be believed that he took a serious bang to the head in his first collision and it was then serious enough for him to sit down on the pitch while the game was in progress some minutes later, one can only imagine he was suffering a serious headache/blurred vision/nausea. The physio came back on, gave him a brief neck massage and after that he seemed fine.

I sincerely hope the keeper is fine, but what if he had collapsed later on in the game? If he was feeling so groggy that he sat down on the pitch some minutes after the first treatment, surely the wisest course of action would have been take him off as a precaution. Clearly at our level of football we don't have the amount of medical provision that one might find at top level clubs, or at rugby matches where concussion assessments have to be made, so maybe a more cautious approach needs to be adopted when deciding if a player can carry on.

One would certainly like to think that the care of the player went beyond the thought that "we haven't got a keeper on the bench so you'd better carry on".

Finally a brief mention of the Kings Langley No 5, who deserves credit for his cheerful demeanour when dealing with remarks from the crowd.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic