Hitchin v Kings Langley updates

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

Nick Sopowski
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hitchin v Kings Langley updates

Post by Nick Sopowski » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Highlights from HitchinTV

http://vimeo.com/202636169

Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Canadian » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:48 pm

Thanks Ian Kinsey and Hitchin TV!

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:31 pm

RST wrote:Yet again the time wasting antics of the opposition fail to pay off and they were suitably punished by Will's excellent spot-kicks - in particular the second one that I don't think any keeper in the world could have stopped. A well deserved three points again, well done lads.

One wonders what directives there are regarding head injuries in football. If their goalkeeper is to be believed that he took a serious bang to the head in his first collision and it was then serious enough for him to sit down on the pitch while the game was in progress some minutes later, one can only imagine he was suffering a serious headache/blurred vision/nausea. The physio came back on, gave him a brief neck massage and after that he seemed fine.

I sincerely hope the keeper is fine, but what if he had collapsed later on in the game? If he was feeling so groggy that he sat down on the pitch some minutes after the first treatment, surely the wisest course of action would have been take him off as a precaution. Clearly at our level of football we don't have the amount of medical provision that one might find at top level clubs, or at rugby matches where concussion assessments have to be made, so maybe a more cautious approach needs to be adopted when deciding if a player can carry on.

One would certainly like to think that the care of the player went beyond the thought that "we haven't got a keeper on the bench so you'd better carry on".

Finally a brief mention of the Kings Langley No 5, who deserves credit for his cheerful demeanour when dealing with remarks from the crowd.

Some good point's made here Rupert.

I have seen some examples down the years with the Sunday league where by a player continues to play on (In most cases because the team has either used all there subs or they have no subs). When it has been obvious to me there in not much fit state to continue.

As a referee I had no official control over this and the worst case scenario as you rightly say is having a player collapse or potentially make matters 100 times worse.

In short I believe the referee should have the power to enforce a change and if they have used all 3 subs then a 4th sub should become eligible in that said scenario. In the health and safety age we live in I cant believe this has not been addressed.

Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:14 pm

jacqueline.mcdonald wrote:Could someone please officially confirm the attendance figure for sure? We were told all of yesterday it was 690. On the Southern League Results Forum it also states 690. In the match report on the home page of this website it states 680. I realise it may be a small thing to some but I'm a bit of a numbers freak and I like to try where at all possible to be accurate. I have gone and attached photos on social media stating it is 690. No problem if it is 680 but I would like to know so I can simply edit it - that's all. Thanks in advance.
I can confirm it was 690 Jackie. That was the figure that I was advised by Roy and that was the figure I reported to the Southern League, which they in turn put on their Website. Suggest that the report on our Website is a typo!!

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:01 pm

Chris_N wrote: I can confirm it was 690 Jackie. That was the figure that I was advised by Roy and that was the figure I reported to the Southern League, which they in turn put on their Website. Suggest that the report on our Website is a typo!!
Figure in match report said 680. Now amended.

Both less than the £700 raised for Sands.

MarkC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MarkC » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:27 pm

The view from the opposition:

"When Hitchin Town visited Gaywood Park back in October, they were unanimously declared to be the best team Kings had met this season. Their performance in this return showed them to have improved even on that, as they dominated this encounter ..."

http://www.kingslangleyfc.co.uk/club/24 ... rt/6253419

Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:09 pm

MarkC wrote:The view from the opposition:

"When Hitchin Town visited Gaywood Park back in October, they were unanimously declared to be the best team Kings had met this season. Their performance in this return showed them to have improved even on that, as they dominated this encounter ..."

http://www.kingslangleyfc.co.uk/club/24 ... rt/6253419
I spoke to their Secretary after the game. He remarked how unusual it was to be saying that a team was the best team he'd seen this season over the two games that his team had played them. I complimented him on his team's resilience - yes the game was won by two penalties but as our finishing gets sharper, someone will get a slapping before the season is out. The two Kings Langley centre backs worked their butts off - the No.5 was tremendous.

I was particularly pleased that we were two goals ahead so we didn't feel the need to keep the ball in the corner....so nearly cost us dearly the week before. But the major difference is, despite not being at our best, we have ground out six points out of six over the past two games. 64 points at the start of February.....we're nailed on for a respectable mid-table finish!!! :happy2:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic