Well Done Barton and Stotfold!

Use this board to discuss football in general, not Hitchin Town FC related.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well Done Barton and Stotfold!

Post by anthony.brown »

Super to notice that our local teams both won their games in the Step 4 / Step 5 inter-step play-offs; Barton to remain at Step 4 and Stotfold rising to that level. :big_grin:
Double delight for Barton's Jermaine Hall, as St Josephs (Luton) won the FA Sunday Cup Final the following day.

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Well Done Barton and Stotfold!

Post by KEITH »

I see that Stotfold's play off was one of 2 involving the Northern Premier League div 1 Midland 2 teams who finished 3rd & 4th from bottom of the NPL playing 2 teams from the league below who just missed out on automatic promotion, Stotfold winning 2-0 at NPL's Dereham. The other play off saw the NPL's once mighty St Neots Town, who narrowly missed out on a place in the National League south or north 🤷‍♂️ to an iffy penalty at Truro 🤭 in the Southern League Premier central play off final just a few seasons ago, at home to Lye Town in front of a crowd of 548, no idea where Lye is. It took Lye just 2mins to go ahead before adding 5 more goals to demolish St Neots 6-1, sending them down to step 9. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Still they will have the best ground in the league 😜😁.

Btw for those who don't know I live only a couple of miles from St Neots' ground & had to suffer the gloating from their "supporters" in those heady days when they were doing well so no I don't I don't feel bad having a laugh at their demise.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Well Done Barton and Stotfold!

Post by Cat Daisy »

How the nearly mighty have fallen. Can't imagine Trey Charles' agent letting him stay at St Neots next season!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic