Best Album Track

Use this board to discuss just about anything else but not related to Hitchin Town FC or Football in general.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Best Album Track

Post by anthony.brown »

Masvingo Netara by Robson Banda, with an intro as memorable as 'Smoke on the Water'.
Or perhaps Chakafukidza Dzimba Matenga by Jonah Sithole (a super Zim guitarist)

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Best Album Track

Post by DarrenW »

Two Gun Slingers by Tom Petty

Or anything from the Stone roses album not released as a single.
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

I must admit I only started this thread to push virus discussion off the top of the list of topics. But ANYTHING to take our minds away from that contentious subject is fine by me, and music certainly helps.
Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart »

anthony.brown wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:19 pm I must admit I only started this thread to push virus discussion off the top of the list of topics. But ANYTHING to take our minds away from that contentious subject is fine by me, and music certainly helps.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

My contribution would be the live recording of "Midnight Rambler", from the Rolling Stones album "Get yer ya ya's out " :thumbsup: got to be up loud, on headphones it is off the scale (imho)
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

Nice choice, Jackie.
My classical choice would be something uplifting, like Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, or a rousing horn concerto like Mozart's No.4 in E Flat K495 (the rondo- allegro-vivace is nice).
I would then settle down to a Nagisa Oshima or Krzysztof Kieslowski film, or maybe a Volker Schlondorf.................................
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell.

Currently listening to Classic FM's Ultimate Hall of Fame (running all this week) and understandably there are some belters on there. Just had to turn Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet up to 11 :mrgreen:
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

Never had you down as a headbanger Rupe :lol: :lol:

Nice choice Jackie with the Rachmanninov. Piano always my favourite instrument. I could name my top 5 Pop records of all time and four of the five have piano as the main instrument. If I could have my time again I wish I could have learned to play it properly - Grade 3 Bassoon was my limit!

My favourite Album track? Not really sure but the one that is running through my head most strongly is: "If Everyone Was Listening" off of Supertramp's "Crime Of The Century" LP ( my favourite album of all time).

If I don't get back on again this year, wish you all the happiest and safest New Year you can have. Cheers all.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:48 pm One of my favourite pieces of timeless music ever is the Piano Concerto No.2 in C Minor by Sergei Rachmaninoff. Composed between the autumn of 1900 and April 1901, it has become one of Rachmaninoff’s most enduringly popular pieces and established his fame as a concerto composer.
Top of the pile in Classic FM's Ultimate Hall of Fame based on their yearly polls over the last 25 years.....

1. Rachmaninov: Piano Concerto No. 2
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:22 pm Just thought it was important to clear that up and for the record I don’t speak a single solitary word of Russian. :mrgreen:
Had to chuckle when I saw this bit! I learned Russian for about six months in the sixth form at school as a General Studies option. All that I can remember is a course which started with a mystery story entitled: "Who said meow?". I remember (English translation) the replies of: " "It wasn't me" said the dog" ", and ""It wasn't me either" said the frog", The cat finally confessed to it but I remember none of the Russian except for the words for cat, dog and frog!

The one phrase I can still repeat in Russian is: "The little boy goes to school". Sadly from Monday, if he's on London he won't be, but that's another matter!

And as for the spelling of Rachmaninov (?) I always thought it was double "n".....Rachmanninov! You learn something new every day!!!
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic