Where Did All the Forum Users Go?

Use this board to discuss just about anything else but not related to Hitchin Town FC or Football in general.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Where Did All the Forum Users Go?

Post by anthony.brown »

Serious question. Is there another platform used by the Hitchin supporters who used to post regularly on this forum, and no longer do? It would be good to read their views on whatever platform they have disappeared to. :?:

russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Where Did All the Forum Users Go?

Post by russell »

Not sure about Twitch but it's a bit quiet on LinkedIn tonight for Hitchin Town chat
Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Neil »

Forums are old hat these days. Apparently. As are emails.
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

I think Neil has hit the nail on the head. The old-fashioned forum format (up to 6000 words per message!) has gone the way of the printed fanzine. Quick-chat is the way to go.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

It's a shame, I much prefer a good debate on a forum, but apparently speed is of the essence these days.
Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian Parker »

It's a shame. I would have thought that given the age profile of our supporters that the forum and emails would still be their preference.
I am very wary of social media and feel that you can give too much away about oneself and open your self up to scammers.
Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart »

I agree Brian, it is a great shame, I don't to social media anymore myself as I found it too "nasty" and some people can't string more than two words together without the "F" or "C" word. I think it would be better named as ANTI-social media, which is why I loved this forum because although we might disagree among ourselves, it always remained civilised, and so I hope that more might return once we get "back to normal" whatever that turns out to be.
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

Neil wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 am Forums are old hat these days. Apparently. As are emails.
RST wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:14 pm It's a shame, I much prefer a good debate on a forum, but apparently speed is of the essence these days.
As is brevity. If it can't be said in one sentence m8 and everything in lower case with no punctuation, don't bother!
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

I think part of the problem at the moment is no games to comment on or player movements.

For chatting about HTFC I still prefer this forum although Twitter, which I also use, is such a big world. It may be one of two line messages but if the club tweet anything out, there are so many people commenting including the likes of Tony Incenzo, Ollie Bayliss and Jack Wiltshire plus players and other clubs. It really does open the club up to the whole world.

I think once we are back playing again it's important to make the forum a vibrant place again and hopefully that will attract new contributors.
Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart »

Brian wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:32 pm I think part of the problem at the moment is no games to comment on or player movements.

For chatting about HTFC I still prefer this forum although Twitter, which I also use, is such a big world. It may be one of two line messages but if the club tweet anything out, there are so many people commenting including the likes of Tony Incenzo, Ollie Bayliss and Jack Wiltshire plus players and other clubs. It really does open the club up to the whole world.

I think once we are back playing again it's important to make the forum a vibrant place again and hopefully that will attract new contributors.
Spot on Brian, agree 100%
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic