Hitchin Town Supporters' Trust - We Need You!

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hitchin Town Supporters' Trust - We Need You!

Post by RST »

It’s hard to believe that another season has come to a close at Top Field, but there’s no time like the present to start thinking about the new season 2018/19.

As I’m sure most of you know, the Hitchin Town Supporters’ Trust has been contributing funds towards the playing budget since 2005 and it’s time to get the pledges in so that we can let Mark Burke know how much the Trust will be contributing next season. Trust members have already been contacted about this, but it would be great if we could get some new members on board with new pledges to help boost the Trust contribution.

The Trust committee knows that people contribute to the club in many different ways, both in volunteering their time and financially, whether that be just by paying their admission fee, or buying merchandise, 50/50 tickets, golden goals etc, but if you could make even a small regular donation to the Trust, you could help Mark bring that elusive free-scoring striker or extra creative midfielder to the club.

Contributions of any size are most welcome, so don’t think your contribution couldn’t be very large, so wouldn’t make a difference. If one hundred new people pledged £1 a week you don’t need me to tell you that’s another £100 a week (or more if contributions are all year round!). Why not buy one less pint, glass of wine or coffee a week and give that money to the Trust and we may all be better off in the long run!

With modern technology you don’t even need to be in this country to contribute, so if you are one of the many Canary followers around the world, why not sign up and make a contribution.

If you would like to join the Trust, please mail me, rupert.russell@hitchintownfc.club and let’s see if we can head back to the play-offs, or even better, next season :champ:

Many thanks,

Rupert Russell,
Hitchin Town Supporters’ Trust Secretary.

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hitchin Town Supporters' Trust - We Need You!

Post by RST »

Just bumping this thread up for anyone who may have missed it :wink:

As Delia famously shouted - Come on, let's be 'avin' you!
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Could I just point out that if you would like to pledge a contribution to the Supporters' Trust for the new season, you don't need to start contributing straight away. You can make payments at a time that best suits you so whether that be by monthly standing order, or by making a single payment once or twice a season, as long as you can pay what you pledge at some point in the season that is all that matters.

As already mentioned, the sooner we get pledges in for the new season the sooner the Trust can make our offer to Mark and the sooner he knows how much budget he has to play with as he searches for the players that will help us run away with our new division :mrgreen:

Please get in touch if you can help and thanks to those who have already pledged.

:clap:
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

A huge thank you to all the Trust members who attended the AGM this evening; it was great to have such a good turn out.

The Trust committee is delighted to have signed up two new members in the last couple of weeks and it would be great to sign up many more. As we look forward to a new season in a new division with new teams to welcome and to visit we want to meet them with the strongest team we can manage, so your contributions can help us in that aim.

Please get in touch if you would like to be the next new Trust member.
Geoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Geoff »

What did the manager say :?: :twisted:

:wink:
"Confusion will be my epitaph"
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Clearly had he been there he would have said what a huge difference the contribution of the Supporters' Trust makes to the quality of the players we have been able to sign over the last 13 years and if more people signed up we might be able to afford that 30 goal a season striker everyone is after.

:wink:
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

It was great to see so many people turn out this morning to fill a huge skip with rubbish from around the ground.

We all play our part in the life of Hitchin Town FC in different ways. For those who aren't near enough to help out around the ground, or don't have enough time to help out other than coming and supporting on matchday, you can still give the club some extra support by making a contribution to the Supporters' Trust.

We are very close to letting Mark Burke know how much the Trust will be contributing to the weekly wage budget for the upcoming season, so if you get in touch soon we can add your contribution. That 30 goal striker may be closer than we think!

If you can't commit now, please get in touch at any point in the season as we will continue to build up extra reserves and may be able to increase our contributions later in the season if Mark needs a little extra funding for new signings.

Please drop me a line if you can help - rupert.russell@hitchintownfc.club

alarawany

Post by alarawany »

it is a nice post....well done
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

For those who weren't able to attend Saturday's match against Redditch and therefore couldn't buy a programme, you can see the new Supporters Trust programme advert below.

The season may be up and running, but it's never too late to join the Trust and if we get new members contributing additional funds, we may be able to offer Mark an increase to our weekly contribution to the playing budget, possibly enabling him to bring in additional players to strengthen the squad.

I know I've said it before, but if a lot of extra people signed up, giving just a small amount each, it all adds up. Why not become our latest new member?

Drop me a line - rupert.russell@hitchintownfc.club

Thank you!
20180805 Supporters Trust Advert.jpg
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

As the end of the year approaches and people think about new year resolutions, why not make a resolution to help Mark strengthen the team by making a regular, or one-off contribution to the Supporters' Trust?

Maybe you are considering stopping smoking or drinking, or just reducing the amount of each - how about putting the money you save in to the Trust? You'll be making a contribution to your own health as well as the health of the team!

Please drop me a line if you can help the Trust to strengthen the team - rupert.russell@hitchintownfc.club

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic