Prediction - COALVILLE

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

steve.max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Prediction - COALVILLE

Post by steve.max » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 am

The speed and movement of Coalville in attack and their desire to press and win every ball meant Hitchin were always on the back foot. Yes we had good spell but overall we were well beaten. Let`s hope we can sort things out by next week when we again travel north to Barwell.

Only one person got the result today and this is the second game in a row for - The Three Musketeeers.
Attachments
Hitchin.pdf
(226.81 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Prediction - COALVILLE

Post by RST » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 pm

I thought Coalville were as good a team as I have seen in the league this season. We had our moments and what ifs (what if Isaac's shot had hit the inside of the post instead of the outside at the start), but sometimes you have to admit the opposition were better.

Barwell next week should be a good test of our recent improvement. Too far off the playoffs and reasonably well clear of the drop zone, will they be as up for it as we ought to be?

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Goals from yesterday's game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYrHmVon0sk

ClubComms

Post by ClubComms » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:00 pm

I have to agree with RST on this one. Coalville are a very fit, physical and incisive team - and for me, the clearest indication of what we have to be able to compete with, week on week, to ensure our survival in this division. They were for the most part bigger, stronger and in many cases.....older and more experienced.

So far as Barwell goes next week.....time for us to step back up to the plate. Mind you, Barwell may well have "Big Henry" Eze in their line-up. Some of you may recall the nightmare that was/is Big Henry. He was in that terrible Kettering team who were on their knees and relegated before Xmas - the team that turned up at Bashley with only eight players. Yet they still did the double over us. Big Henry was a one man back four when we played them on Boxing Day at Top Field in 2012 and lost 4-3 - the absolute star of Kettering's show. Then at Easter...Kettering decided to play Big Henry up front against us. Some of us laughed at how desperate Kettering must have been by this point - with no Big Henry at the back there would be massive gaping holes to exploit. Forget it....Big Henry scored twice and Kettering beat us 3-1. I really wanted us to sign him!

I just hope that if Big Henry is out there.....he's seven years slower!!!
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic