As bad as last week?

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

Brian Parker
Gold Member
Gold Member

As bad as last week?

Post by Brian Parker » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Another awful performance. The once reliable defence is now gifting goals in recent games. Two more this time, too many for our feeble attack to claw back. I'm worried about next season. We need to hang onto Johnson, Green, Webb, Ferrell, Dowie and Galliford and I imagine some of them might want away as things are. The rest need replacing with better players, but how?

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: As bad as last week?

Post by KEITH » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Add Michael Cain to the list to keep. We missed his work rate & close control in the middle of the park in the last 2 games. Had he played against St Neots I believe we would've won that game comfortably linking up with Isaac. They work well together. If Max Ryan is not a loanee I'd hang on to him as well. As to yesterday, was it as bad as last week, not quite in my view as Lowestoft were a much better side than St Neots but it was still a very poor performance. Agree Brian I can't fathom what's happened defensively in the last couple of games. Even MJ was all over the place.

I hear that Burkey has already identified which players he wants to keep & which will be released. Let's hope can find those players we need to turn this team around next season.
Pessimists are never disappointed.

Brian Parker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Brian Parker » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:14 pm

I had forgotten about Michael Cain although a rumour was doing the rounds last week that he had left. Nothing from the club however and no word as to why he has missed the last two games. Lets hope it's just a minor matter,

harry.wright
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by harry.wright » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:53 pm

Well as one die-hard fan said after the game, "I've seen better defending from a bunch of kids with coats for goalposts." It certainly appears that we are struggling to get even the basics right. I share Brian's concerns regarding next season. We need players of quality, with experience and leadership skills, but how do you attract that sort of player to an unfashionable club like ours? I really hope that Mark Burke can perform miracles, because I fear that's what will be needed.

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:43 pm

I suppose supporters will have to grin and bear it as our depleted squad plays out the last few matches. The up side is that the players' wages pot will have benefited from not having to pay the loan players who have moved on.......................................... :wink:

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:12 pm

harry.wright wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:53 pm
We need players of quality, with experience and leadership skills, but how do you attract that sort of player to an unfashionable club like ours?
I imagine you attract them by paying them big wages Harry, although I'm not quite sure what makes HTFC unfashionable?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic