Quiz Night 17th May 2019

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quiz Night 17th May 2019

Post by Kate Deller » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:57 am

We are holding a joint fundraiser with the Hitchin Town Ladies 17th May 2019 :yes: :thumbsup:

A quiz night with questions provided by the wonderful Peter Else. There will be food provided to the teams included in the price. The last quiz was an excellent evening, very well attended with volunteers to wait on the tables to collect drinks for the teams.

Come along and enjoy another great night at the Canary Club and help support both teams.
Quiz night1.docx.jpg

Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Quiz Night 17th May 2019

Post by Kate Deller » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Moving my thread up the page - I will be there tonight if anyone wants to let me have their entry.

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Sat May 18, 2019 1:20 am

Massive well done to all involved. I had the family come for it and they all thoroughly enjoyed it.

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST » Sat May 18, 2019 10:25 am

A really enjoyable evening :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy » Sat May 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Well done to everyone who organised the evening. Good fun! Well done also for donating the unused buffet goodies to The Haven.

MickD
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by MickD » Sat May 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Can I add my thanks to Kate Deller for all her efforts in ensuring that yesterday night was a success. Not only is her enthusiasm boundless but she ensured that all contestants enjoyed a platter of endless proportion- the remnants of which were doubtless enjoyed at the Shelter later last night.

Thanks as well to Peter Else who set the questions (well most of them) and Roy, Elaine and Gracie for collecting papers and scoring.

Waterstones kindly donated vouchers as part of the first prize. So thanks to Brendon at Hitchin branch.

Thanks also to David Tudball, Kate, Roy, the Shoes Willian and anyone else for donating raffle prizes.

Finally congratulations to Saints and Winners the triumphant team who flew over from St Albans (St Albans City Supporters) to claim victory. They narrowly eclipsed Top Banana and Game of Throw in.

Well done to all.

ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin » Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Great to hear that it was a fantastic success. Sorry that I couldn't be there to enjoy, but a massive thanks and well done to Kate, Peter and everyone else who helped to arrange the evening. Great to know also that the remaining buffet went to serve the Shelter residents last night.

Credit to the Club and to you all. :thumbsup:
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kate Deller » Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Well done Alan Clark for mentioning That The Haven would take the leftovers. Brilliant idea and great to do that for them,Two large carrier bags for them.

Was a really fun night great bunch of supporters and their family. A delight to cater for.

Definately be another quiz in September time, keep eyes peeled.

Thank you for supporting the Club :clap:
Thanks for compering Mick :thumbsup:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic