8 years ago today.

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

User avatar
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:58 pm

8 years ago today.

Post by DarrenW » Fri May 03, 2019 11:12 pm

We beat Daventry 2-1 to seal promotion back to the Premier.

Speaking to a former player tonight Dean Gilbert and Louis still playing for Baldock and good to see Ieuan is back playing for Biggleswade Utd after a 2 year injury lay-off.
Attachments
Daventry.jpg
Daventry.jpg (56.59 KiB) Viewed 477 times



User avatar
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: 8 years ago today.

Post by Brian » Sat May 04, 2019 11:18 am

Blimey time flies.

Here's the video of the goal being celebrated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC_FlNMQvmk

Can you name the players in the photo? I struggled on two.

User avatar
ClubAdmin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 11:13 am

Re: 8 years ago today.

Post by ClubAdmin » Sat May 04, 2019 1:01 pm

My football fix this afternoon will hopefully be watching them play for Baldock in the South Midlands League Challenge Trophy Final against Potton United at Lambs Meadow, Biggleswade (home of Biggleswade United).

3pm kick-off. Anyone at a loose end......see you there!

Come on then......without looking it up, who was the centre half in that team, who you can see in the photo between Frendo and Yella?
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

User avatar
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: 8 years ago today.

Post by DarrenW » Sat May 04, 2019 2:19 pm

ClubAdmin wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:01 pm
My football fix this afternoon will hopefully be watching them play for Baldock in the South Midlands League Challenge Trophy Final against Potton United at Lambs Meadow, Biggleswade (home of Biggleswade United).

3pm kick-off. Anyone at a loose end......see you there!

Come on then......without looking it up, who was the centre half in that team, who you can see in the photo between Frendo and Yella?

That will be fellow Stone Roses fan......Jon Wordsworth I think.

User avatar
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: 8 years ago today.

Post by DarrenW » Sat May 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Brian wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:18 am
Blimey time flies.

Here's the video of the goal being celebrated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC_FlNMQvmk

Can you name the players in the photo? I struggled on two.
Same as you Brian. Jamie Arlick to the left the two nearest him im unsure.

User avatar
australis flavum
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:53 pm

Re: 8 years ago today.

Post by australis flavum » Sat May 04, 2019 3:43 pm

A young Josh and Richard Howell?

User avatar
ClubAdmin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 11:13 am

Re: 8 years ago today.

Post by ClubAdmin » Sat May 04, 2019 6:07 pm

DarrenW wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:19 pm

That will be fellow Stone Roses fan......Jon Wordsworth I think.
Correct Darren. He was a top bloke :thumbsup:
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

User avatar
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: 8 years ago today.

Post by DarrenW » Sat May 04, 2019 6:30 pm

australis flavum wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:43 pm
A young Josh and Richard Howell?
Good shout.

User avatar
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: 8 years ago today.

Post by Brian » Sat May 04, 2019 7:58 pm

australis flavum wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:43 pm
A young Josh and Richard Howell?
Pretty impressive Mark.

They were the two I struggled with. No problem with Jon Wordsworth.
The only I couldn't get was Josh who looks so different now.

Originally I thought Howells (behind Jamie) was Scott Orphanou but he would have left before then.

User avatar
ClubAdmin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 11:13 am

Re: 8 years ago today.

Post by ClubAdmin » Sat May 04, 2019 9:39 pm

DarrenW wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:12 pm
We beat Daventry 2-1 to seal promotion back to the Premier.
By the way, it was 2-0 Darren.... :thumbsup:
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic