MJ

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MJ

Post by Cat Daisy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Braintree have signed MJ ... and have also signed Trey! Good luck to them both.

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: MJ

Post by Brian » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:52 pm

Good luck to MJ, really disappointing to lose him.

Been a good servant to this club and will always remember that night in Merthyr.

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:23 pm

Disapointing yes but feel he could have left us 2 years ago. He was massive in the Merthyr away play-off and probably won us the game with a mind blowing save.

I have posted on his fb and told him this is well deserved. You have to say he is a keeper of the quality of maybe 2 divisions higher and like im sure everyone else I wish him all the best.

russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:20 am

Disappointed obviously but pleased for MJ and Trey as well. I hope Braintree treat them both well.

ClubComms

Post by ClubComms » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:49 am

Cat Daisy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:04 pm
Is signing for or has signed for?? Did you pick this up off MJ's own tweet?

The Club is waiting for confirmation from Braintree that the signing has actually taken place and then we will post an article on the website and Social Media. Oh the power of Social Media :-D
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:07 pm

ClubAdmin wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:49 am
Cat Daisy wrote:

The Club is waiting for confirmation from Braintree that the signing has actually taken place and then we will post an article on the website and Social Media. Oh the power of Social Media :-D
Chris, an article was posted on this site yesterday. We have all picked it up from here!

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:10 pm

ClubAdmin wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:49 am
Cat Daisy wrote:

Well the article was already on the Hitchin website and all over social media inc Braintree's account before I posted on here. I know Friday is the usual day for paperwork but this horse had long left the stable!

I guess the website article should say "formal paperwork to be signed today" just to cover things?

CanaryHatter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CanaryHatter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Sooner we move on from the above confusion, the better!

Congrats to MJ - a well deserved crack at the next level. Although I've never been a fan of Cressing Road, watched Luton lose 3-1 there in what might be the worst Hatters performance I've ever watched. :thumbsdown:

ClubComms

Post by ClubComms » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Brian wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:07 pm
Chris, an article was posted on this site yesterday. We have all picked it up from here!
Cat Daisy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:10 pm
I guess the website article should say "formal paperwork to be signed today" just to cover things?
Brian/Colin
My sincere apologies for this total misunderstanding. Totally my fault. Won't go into a thesis here as to why the confusion but will explain over a drink sometime (by which time it will all be forgotten). Hope I haven't caused any offence to either of you because it wasn't my intention.

As Stewart says, best we move on. Just shows you can't get the staff these days.... :geek: :paperbag: :oops:

Before we do, now I'm clear of where we are....thanks for everything MJ. Wouldn't have made that play-off final if it hadn't been for that save in the dying seconds of extra time at Merthyr which was on a par with the save of the 1970 World Cup of the hero whose replica shirt you wore at Barwell. But not only then, for the service you've given the Club. You deserve this opportunity, now grab it with both hands and go for it! All the very best for the future.
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:17 pm

That save was filmed at the time by a Merthyr fan and have to say it was better the 2nd time seeing it.

I wish I could source it and share it on here because I think it's the best save ive ever seen a Hitchin keeper do in my 25 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic