Evo stik comes unstuck

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Evo stik comes unstuck

Post by Stuart » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Sounds WAY better than "Betvictor" Darren, and although too many Caramel wafers may be bad for you, unlike Betvictor it's sole aim is not to profit from destroying people's lives.(imo anyway)

If music be the football of life, play on (extra time and pens if necessary)

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:40 pm

Stuart wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:37 pm
Sounds WAY better than "Betvictor" Darren, and although too many Caramel wafers may be bad for you, unlike Betvictor it's sole aim is not to profit from destroying people's lives.(imo anyway)
I agree but im waiting for the announcement before I decide what action I will personally take. Trying to encourage kids into the club is great but if the name of the league takes them down the same road I did then I want nothing to do with it.

Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:00 am

DarrenW wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:40 pm

Trying to encourage kids into the club is great but if the name of the league takes them down the same road....
Could not agree more Darren

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:42 pm

Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:26 pm

Sold our sole to the devil, disgraceful decision in my opinion. :thumbsdown: :warning2:

Betvictor and the rest of these leeches are no better than crack cocaine dealers in my opinion, getting youngsters hooked as young as possible to fill in for those at the other end of their nasty little business who go bankrupt or worse. They have absolutely no concern for the welfare or age of their "customers" other than some meaningless and insincere drivel about "responsible gambling" and then cry foul because the maximum stake is cut to £2 on slot machines, that alone says enough about their business model! Shame the whole lot of them haven't gone out of business. Sorry for the folks losing jobs at the betting shops closing down, but that was going to happen anyway because of the switch to online, and besides, those who pay INTO the company lose much,much more.

The above is entirely my personal opinion, but I have always felt that way about online betting companies and their advertising methods and us now being part of it I find very uncomfortable and so felt compelled to put it down here in writing.

End of rant :-x

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:16 pm

Stuart wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:26 pm
Sold our sole to the devil, disgraceful decision in my opinion. :thumbsdown: :warning2:

Betvictor and the rest of these leeches are no better than crack cocaine dealers in my opinion, getting youngsters hooked as young as possible to fill in for those at the other end of their nasty little business who go bankrupt or worse. They have absolutely no concern for the welfare or age of their "customers" other than some meaningless and insincere drivel about "responsible gambling" and then cry foul because the maximum stake is cut to £2 on slot machines, that alone says enough about their business model! Shame the whole lot of them haven't gone out of business. Sorry for the folks losing jobs at the betting shops closing down, but that was going to happen anyway because of the switch to online, and besides, those who pay INTO the company lose much,much more.

The above is entirely my personal opinion, but I have always felt that way about online betting companies and their advertising methods and us now being part of it I find very uncomfortable and so felt compelled to put it down here in writing.

End of rant :-x
Can clearly see you have done your research Stuart. Much respect to you.

Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr Refreshment » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:35 am

Presumably it means having to have the logo of this vulture organisation on shirts.
In effect surely this breaks the code of advertising gambling to children who attend games?
No replica shirt for me of the logo is on it

JohnTG
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by JohnTG » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 pm

From Non League Matters and our Isthmian League colleagues, and more apparent problems.

"It is all a bit of a mess. Prior to this morning we had only received a couple of contradicting emails from BV and the Isthmian admins on what we were to do with the website etc. As of last night, 9 of the clubs in the Prem had added the BV logo but all added the logo in either the header, footer or a sidebar which essentially means the logo will appear on every page (sitewide). Buried in the emails was a reference to no sitewide links but it was very easy to miss and you can understand the clubs' approach as areas like the header etc are much easier to amend than internal pages.

This morning's communication better clarifies the requirements.

It's still going to be difficult managing the content especially where academy/youth teams are part of the club website but we are taking a very simplistic approach.

We have changed 2 pages:
- the BV logo has been added to the home page (links through to the Isthmian site)
- the BV logo (not clickable) has been added to each league fixture on the 1st team fixtures page
That's it. Any other reference to the league e.g. on our Tables page will be to the "Isthmian Premier League" as opposed to the "BetVictor Isthmian Premier League".

The only social media account changed is Twitter - with BetVictor being added in our profile."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic