Vs Needham

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vs Needham

Post by DarrenW » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:46 am

Happy to come away with a point.

Think it will be a common statement this season but yet another excellent strike by Harry which from my angle the keeper never stood a chance with.

Pity we didn't create a massive amount more after that but said i'd be happy with a point before the game and happy with it after.

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Vs Needham

Post by KEITH » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Agree Darren a draw was a fair result. We had the best of the 1st half & could have been 3 up with a little bit of luck before we fell asleep defensively right on half time when Needham pinched an equaliser. Prior to that Josh only had 1 save to make. A combination of Needham stepping up a gear & Jay Bird limping off which upset the balance up front meant that the home side had the better of it. Having said that we weren't being pummelled & did create a few chances of our own. It was a very entertaining game on what looked like an excellent playing surface. It got even more entertaining when their no.4 launched into a verbal assault of the assistant ref towards the end of the game over a nothing decision for which he was yellow carded. Undeterred he carried on winging for several minutes afterwards & was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow.

Another encouraging performance from the lads & if they continue to gel we could have the makings of a half decent side this season.
Pessimists are never disappointed.

Peter
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Peter » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Another encouraging performance from an exciting Hitchin team. What a goal by Harry. Turned the defender and hit an unstoppable shot. We absolutely hammered them in the first half only to concede a sloppy goal before HT. The players must have been as frustrated as the supporters. Second half was difficult to watch as they dominated the play. All 50:50s went their way and we seemed to be slower to the ball. Surely fitness can’t be an issue with such a young side? It was fair that we hung on and even had the odd chance to win it. You have to give Harry MOTM but Jordan ran him close. I love seeing Jordan run with the ball. A very exciting prospect.

Interesting journey home having been diverted off the A14 all the way Bury St Edmonds.

Now to the first win of the season on Saturday lads.

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:28 pm

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 pm

Think the highlights missed the moment just before half time when Darren confidently said "I can't see them scoring" or words to that effect :doah: :warning2:

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 am

RST wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 pm
Think the highlights missed the moment just before half time when Darren confidently said "I can't see them scoring" or words to that effect :doah: :warning2:
Fateful words on my part...I said "Easy team talk at H/T they have not really threatened us" 30 secs or so later the obvious happened. 25 years and not learnt yet!

ClubComms

Post by ClubComms » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:32 pm

DarrenW wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 am
RST wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 pm
Fateful words on my part...I said "Easy team talk at H/T they have not really threatened us" 30 secs or so later the obvious happened. 25 years and not learnt yet!
What you really mean Darren is: they'd already equalised before you got out of the bar at half-time and you missed the goal! 🤣🤣🤣
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:24 am

Surprisingly not! That's more of a home game thing. Beat the rush.

Missed more goals using the toilet. Truro the most notable. Still annoyed about that 6 years on :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic