Worst food guide.

Use this board to discuss football in general, not Hitchin Town FC related.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Worst food guide.

Post by DarrenW » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:44 pm

What some poor fella got for his £2 today.
Attachments
frome.jpg

ClubComms

Re: Worst food guide.

Post by ClubComms » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:21 pm

That is as bad as I have seen anywhere. Had extremely bad food at Chippenham and Gloucester in the distant past but this looks just dreadful. I think the food dished out says a lot about a club. Dry or defrosted rolls and burger buns just kill whatever it is you are eating.

So what was your best ever eating experience with Hitchin Town? Me: 1. Deal Town, 2. Kings Lynn Town when they did proper burgers 3. Soham Town Rangers. Best in our league currently: AFC Rushden & Diamonds by a country mile.
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:03 pm

Never been to Rushden but have heard from social media they have by far the best food in the league.

Peppercorn steaks at Bath I remember well.

Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kate Deller » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:00 pm

Bedford Town only place ive ever been able to get a veggie burger and Banbury do a top fish finger sandwich :thumbsup:

ClubComms

Post by ClubComms » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:51 pm

DarrenW wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:03 pm
Ah, Team Bath away in Bath City's Twerton Park. Great old fashioned ground with great terracing. Only 80 of us watching, and 50+ of those were kids and the Team Bath players' parents!! About a dozen of us on a massive terrace about twice the size of our Bedford Road end!

Hated them at the time but I don't half miss 'em! And those black pepper burgers..... :eat1: :eat1:
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:52 pm

Kate Deller wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:00 pm
Bedford Town only place ive ever been able to get a veggie burger and Banbury do a top fish finger sandwich :thumbsup:
Been there a few times and never caught onto the fish finger sandwiches! My favorite!

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:29 pm

ClubComms wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:51 pm
DarrenW wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:03 pm
Ah, Team Bath away in Bath City's Twerton Park. Great old fashioned ground with great terracing. Only 80 of us watching, and 50+ of those were kids and the Team Bath players' parents!! About a dozen of us on a massive terrace about twice the size of our Bedford Road end!

Hated them at the time but I don't half miss 'em! And those black pepper burgers..... :eat1: :eat1:
Twerton Park soon to be no more by the look of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twerton_Park

Shame as it's a proper old ground and not many like them still about.

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:45 pm

Good touch by Frome to offer a free meal to the complainant next time he visits. They blamed a newbie member of staff, who will not make the same mistake again.
I rarely buy stadium grub now, after having a number of disappointing meals here and there, and tend to use local fast food outlets as the quality is more predictable.

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by KEITH » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:05 am

I'm not sure the stale bun is entirely to blame. The sausage looks like it's best days are long behind it. I remember a burger at Borehamwood when Enfield were ground sharing. It was a reasonable size burger but unfortunately only the centre, the size of 10p piece was edible, the rest had been cremated. The laughable one was the food van at Kettering 3 seasons ago (still there) which says in large letters over the top of the serving hatch "Chicken, Beef, Lamb, Pork" & on that day at half time all they had was chips.
Pessimists are never disappointed.

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by KEITH » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:08 am

Just had a thought, are Stevenage allowed to sell non Burger King burgers as they do not have a Burger King in Stevenage at all apparently let alone the ground.
Pessimists are never disappointed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic