Isthmian League rights – own goal

Use this board to discuss football in general, not Hitchin Town FC related.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

Sky Blue Canary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Isthmian League rights – own goal

Post by Sky Blue Canary » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:01 am

I’m an accredited photographer for the National League and have been so for six years, it costs nothing, apart from the necessary insurance, and I could sell photographs should I find a market to do so.

The Isthmian League have introduced photographers accreditation costing £18 but on the condition they own the rights to photographs taken at their matches, many of my friends are walking away, expect to see much less exposure from their games.

I have to say I would start to experience the grounds of the National League should a similar thing happen in the Southern League.

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Isthmian League rights – own goal

Post by DarrenW » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:57 pm

What is there reason for wanting the rights Pete if I take you on your own word's that there is a limited market for them?

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by KEITH » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:24 pm

Sounds like the same mentality the town councillors have who impose exorbitant town centre car parking charges & high business rates for the shops & then can't understand why nobody shops in the town & shops are left empty. These people only see revenue from those willing to pay rather than the big picture, excuse the pun, the bigger picture with the Isthmian League being free publicity for their games.
Pessimists are never disappointed.

Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Neil » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:42 pm

How ridiculous. It's non-league football, the enthusiasts football. Something's very wrong about this - who the hell do they think they are? It's games played in front of 400 people and less, sometimes more.
Everything that's wrong about non-league football.

Sky Blue Canary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sky Blue Canary » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:28 pm

DarrenW wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:57 pm
What is there reason for wanting the rights Pete if I take you on your own word's that there is a limited market for them?
If a photograph goes viral they didn't want to miss out on "£1 million" (I think) they said. As if! However, I understand they've now done a u-turn on this.

In my pre-Christmas sale I've reduced the price of Brett Donnelly photos to £1,000 each, or £1,999 for two, if anyone's interested?

Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:59 pm

No offence Peter, but BOGOF 😃
If music be the football of life, play on (extra time and pens if necessary)

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by KEITH » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Brett's recent photo's will all be colourful, yellow shirt, green shorts & red card 😁. Obviously the earlier ones will be in black & white as colour film was in its infancy back then 😯.
Pessimists are never disappointed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic