Robin Froy (Shay)

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Robin Froy (Shay)

Post by DarrenW »

Sad to see that Shay passed on last month.

RIP Mate

Messages can be left here...

https://www.cpjfield.co.uk/services/43425#condolences

MickD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Robin Froy (Shay)

Post by MickD »

Darren's posting coupled with other recent sad news bears testimony to the wide appeal of our little club to people from all backgrounds and persuasions. The young, the old, the wise, the not so wise, the media smart and the media dinosaurs - all can find a niche.

Sadly Shay was remembered for one incident, which looking back, should warrant a smile, certainly nothing worse, despite the embarrassment at the time. Not that I knew the full story nor do I wish to.

Shay, like so many individuals before and after him, will be forgotten without acknowledgement of the many hours that he spent at the ground fulfilling many of the thankless tasks that others might have felt were below them. That said, he could be a pain in the arse and he was invariably on the scrounge for a pint.

All I say is that we are singularly short on appreciation of what minor cogs in the wheel add to the machine. Maybe that should change?

Cheers Robin.

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Nice tribute Mick. One I agree with everypoint.

It's easy to forget he was someone during the 90's who was effectively on call for the club if a job needed doing at any time but sadly he will be remembered for one incident. One I know he was deeply embarrassed by which is quite possibly the reason he was absent from games soon after.

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

It's been a sad season off the pitch losing Robin, Fred Andrews and John Gray.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic