Here we go again! Training has started, players are signing on and our first friendly is just around the corner. That means it is time to start the weekly bulletin again. I will endeavour to keep you up to date with all that is going on at Top Field and manager Mark Burke will continue to give his thoughts on the playing side of the club.
Wednesday 10 July Friendly Home to Stevenage kick off 7.45pm. Stevenage have confirmed they will be bringing their first team squad.
Tickets can be bought online with the usual £1 discount –adults £9, concessions £6, teenagers £2 and accompanied under 13’s and over 80’s free. Click here to buy.
HITCHIN VS WEALDSTONE
For the friendly with Wealdstone on Saturday 13 July online tickets will be £5 for both adults and concessions as we look to encourage supporters to make use of our ticketing system. Prices on the day will be £8 for adults and £6 for concessions so this is a big incentive for adults in particular to save £3 by buying tickets online. Click here to buy.
Also, those attending this Wealdstone fixture will only pay half price (via the token system) for the first pint purchased at the Cider & Cheese Festival, so please do come along to both.
HITCHIN VS ARSENAL XI
There has been a lot of interest in this friendly which takes place on Saturday 27 July at 3.00pm. Compared with last summers friendly vs Luton Town, where over 1,000 fans attended, we’ve so far sold triple the number of online tickets as we did for that one, so it’s proving incredibly popular with the local public and will be a fantastic day out. You can buy online with adult tickets £9, concessions £5 and teenagers £2. Click here to buy.
EARLY BIRD SEASON TICKET DEADLINE – TOMORROW!
Early bird season tickets can still be bought up to 11.59pm on Saturday 6 July at £185 for adults and £110 for concessions. After this the prices become £210 and £130. Teenagers can buy season tickets for just £25. So far season ticket sales are well up on last year. Click here to buy.
So far we have signed the following players:
Charlie Horlock, Jack Green, Dan Webb, Lewis Ferrell, Brett Donnelly, Josh Bickerstaff, Lukas Didik, Josh Mollison and Charlie Thake. As more players sign on watch our social media sites for details.
GROUND AND CLUBHOUSE IMPROVEMENTS
It’s been a busy summer up at Top Field. Here are just a few of the goings on completed by our wonderful ground staff along with a group of additional volunteers:
- The work on the roof of the clubhouse has now been completed. It was a difficult and complex job that was also very expensive but we now no longer have the embarrassment of water coming through the roof every time it rains. Now the roof has been fixed improvements have been carried out in the members bar. The ceiling has been repaired, the lights have been replaced and it has been redecorated. It looks light years better than it did.
- The gents toilets now have a new suspended ceiling and the lights have been changed.Further work will follow there.
- The main hall is due to be worked on in the coming weeks.
- The Canary Club garden has been completely renovated and is now unrecognisable from how it used to be. The outside of the clubhouse has been tidied up with plenty of rubbish removed.
- The external hedges have been trimmed and are much tidier.
- Inside the ground the dressing rooms have been extended to meet new FA regulations. They will also be repainted.
- The wooden fence on the dugouts side of the ground is being replaced by metal fencing. Work started this week and will be completed before the first league game.
- The refreshments bar has had extensive work done on its roof together with further repairs and alterations.
- The stadium has had rubbish removed as part of a general tidy up.
- The press area in the main stand is to be altered with work taking place this weekend.
- The club office is due to be renovated shortly..
With the new dugouts now in full use hopefully supporters can appreciate that the money raised in last season’s FA Cup run has been sensibly invested to improve the ground and clubhouse. These works have been completed by our superb ground staff, volunteers and expert contractors, all of which is overseen by our Ground and Safety Officer Len Leroux, who has been brilliant throughout.
We will be having another Top Field maintenance day tomorrow, Saturday 6th July. A team will be at the ground from 08:30am, so if you’re able to spare even an hour of your day, it’ll be hugely appreciated once again.
CHEESE AND CIDER FESTIVAL
The Cheese and Cider Festival will be held in the Canary Club on Friday 12 and Saturday 13 July. Entry is free so please come along. There will be plenty of live music to add to the experience.
Also, those attending the Wealdstone fixture will only pay half price (via the token system) for the first pint purchased at the Cider & Cheese Festival, so please do come along to both.
BY ROY IZZARD