Saturday 29 September away to St Neots League kick off 3.00pm.
Tuesday 2 October away to Royston League Cup kick off 7.45pm.
There will not be coaches to these games.

We will play Tring Athletic in the first round of the Herts Senior Cup on Wednesday 17 October at Top Field kick off 7.45pm.

We will be at home to Royston in the semi- final of the Herts Charity Cup. No date has yet been arranged for this game. The other semi-final will be between Hertford and the winners of Potters Bar V Hemel Hempstead.


  • Kieran Barnes scored twice for Baldock last Saturday.
  • Elliott Bailey scored the winning goal for Hertford Town last Saturday. Kieran McCaffrey also played in this game and both played for Hertford on Tuesday. They will be with Hertford again on Saturday.
  • Noah Chesmain returned to training on Thursday and will be in Saturday’s squad.
  • Jay Dowie will be in Saturday’s squad.
  • Charlie Smith is still unavailable because of injury.
  • Robbie Burns is still unavailable because of injury.

Tuesday’s penalty shoot out win at Didcot was Hitchin’s eighth win on penalties from their last nine attempts from the 2015/16 season onwards—

  • 09-11-2015 Stratford 4-2
  • 10-01-2017 St Albans 5-3
  • 26-04-2017 Merthyr 4-1
  • 01-08-2017 St Albans 4-2
  • 04-09-2017 Harringey 2-3
  • 09-01-2018 AFC Rushden and Diamonds 4-3
  • 19-02-2018 Hayes and Yeading 4-2
  • 05-09-2018 Harrow 4-2
  • 25-09-2018 Didcot 3-2

The under 19’s were beaten 4-1 by Luton Cedars on Wednesday.

This is the report from manager Callum Ellis of the win against Wheathampstead—

We arrived at a rather wet Offley Recreation Ground for our first home game of the season at a beautiful hidden venue in Hertfordshire. Committee members had been working hard in the background to clean, paint and arrange the facilities at Offley to make everyone feel very welcome! With new posters up enforcing the FA respect campaign and wanting to create a safer and enjoyable atmosphere for ladies football the sun came out! The pitch needed some rain and finally mother nature helped get the pitch in a playable condition! We are pleased to announce the dual signing of returnee Becky Day who left Hitchin to play for Stevenage FC. We are also pleased to announce the return of Ellie Fursland who has had a few seasons out from an incident off pitch. Welcome home ladies.

It was time to play Wheathampstead who two seasons ago beat the ladies in a cup fixture.

Hitchin started the game really positively and pressed Wheathampstead straight away. Chaffey took back the ball from Wheathampstead and slotted l through to Gash who slotted the opener through the keeper’s legs. Wheathampstead responded well and pushed Hitchin to concede a free kick 25 yards out but the ball was shot wide. Wheathampstead started to push Hitchin and they found a small gap within the defence and had a one v one show down with Day who watched the ball bounce out for a goal kick.

Wheathampstead came knocking again when a hole in the defence sent Day running to clear her line. The striker got there first but couldn’t convert the second attempt. It was Hitchin’s turn to push Wheathampstead and Wilford started the attack and not once but twice skilfully went past the defender and sent in a cross but Chaffey’s header glanced just wide. Chaffey sent Gash in again but the defender just stuck a toe out and played it out for a corner. Gash’s darting runs were causing all sorts of problems for the Wheathampstead’s defence.

Hitchin restarted the play with a goal kick and it was cleared for a Hitchin throw which ended with Franklin sending the ball in only for it to be turned out for another corner. The corner didn’t threaten Wheathampstead too much but it was Cain-Murnane and Chaffey linking up and sending the ball out to Wilford who sent in another great cross which was gathered quickly by the keeper. Gash then found Franklin who sent in a cross to Chaffey who hit a half volley that bounced off the cross bar!

Wheathampstead were proving why they had been promoted with some clever passing around the pitch but it was calmly dealt with by Fursland who was having a great first game back. Simon came on for Wilford and started pushing the defence back with all sorts of runs, putting them on the back foot. It was Simon again who darted past the right back and crossed to Gash whose shot was deflected for corner.

Chaffey slotted Gash through a gaping hole and with the keeper charging out of her box threw a leg in the air and straight to the side of the head of Gash. Gash was down and first aiders were called straight on. With extensive first aid work given Gash was able to remember who she was and what year it was and she also remembered she had chocolate spread on toast for breakfast! The referee only gave a yellow for such dangerous play but he is the man in charge no matter if you agree or disagree! #respect

Play got back underway and Hitchin were quite shaken by the incident that had happened and could not get themselves back on track. Both teams were battling in the midfield to take control but it was Hitchin pushing for a goal. Sadly another effort went out for a corner. The referee blew for half time.

With Gash off to hospital she received applause from all players. With constructive words from the manager, we calmly started the second half.

Watson pushed through the defence and had a one on one with the keeper and it hit the post! That woodwork was proving vital for Wheathampstead! However, it wasn’t going to stop Hitchin pushing on for the second! A ball from Huffer from the Hitchin half sent Chaffey through and darting from her right foot to her left and slotted into the net. Her September goal draught was now over. There was still work to be done and Hitchin won another corner and Huffer’s shot bounced off the post and out for a goal kick.

Wheathampstead scored a consolation goal when their striker hit a ball which was helped by the wind and into the top of the far corner of the net..

Another head injury forced the game to pause when a Wheathampstead player received a knock from the ball. Play restarted and Hitchin won another corner and it was scrambled in the box and Franklin just tipped it over.
The final whistle went and it was another three points to Hitchin which saw them retain their two points lead in Division Two of the Beds & Herts League. It was an action-packed game with the result going in Hitchin’s favour. Each player played at 110% and were pushed on to get three points for the player we lost so early on. The ladies have pulled together over the past three games and now show why they are to be contended with within the league. They have proven their dedication to the club and want to play for that gold crest of Hitchin on their shirts. I can only applaud each and every single one of them for the effort they put in.

Next up is Evergreen Eagles Ladies FC down at Evergreen Eagles FC, 2.00pm kick off on Sunday 30th September 2018!

B. Day
L. Huffer – Player of the Game
A. Piper
K. Smith
E. Fursland (J. Hawkridge)
M. Franklin
H. Watson
M. Cain-Murnane
R. Wilford (K. Simon)
E. Chaffey
L. Gash (A. Holland)

Louise Gash was taken to hospital during half time and had x-rays over concerns for her jaw. Thankfully she was given the all clear and will be monitored by Hitchin Town Ladies FC and will hopefully come back stronger.


There follows further examples of the players fines system:

  • Missing on a team night out -£40
  • Worst dressed on a a team night out as voted by the whole team -£10
  • Leaving home games before 17.30pm -£5
  • Not travelling on the coach to away games -£10 and £5 for not returning on the coach.
  • Adam Parker will pay £30 for anyone scoring a hat-trick in a league or cup game.
  • Adam Parker will pay £50 for anyone scoring 15 goals in a season.
  • Arguing with the fines committee about fines or how they are doing their job -£4
  • Caught going ‘’out’’ the night before a game -£20

The final instalment will be next week.

Layth Yousif the sports editor of the Comet came on the coach to Didcot on Tuesday to write a series of articles in a special behind the scenes F A Cup feature. Please go to to read his excellent articles.


On Saturday we face a St Neots side currently enjoying a rich vein of form. Like ourselves they achieved an uplifting victory in the F A Cup coming from 3-0 down to win 4-3 which will no doubt fill them with confidence. Likewise I am hoping that we can use our result on Tuesday as a springboard to kick start our league season.

Whilst it was enjoyable on Tuesday we need to park any thoughts about the F A Cup and focus on getting points on the board. With this being a local derby I expect a large Hitchin following to help us gain some reward from the game.

Tuesday night will allow me to give a number of players vital match time but please be assured we will be going to Royston to look for a victory as we endeavour to continue our aim of retaining the league cup. Royston have steadily climbed the table and will prove stiff opposition for us.